- The medical field is the most lucrative and reputable one in a place like "India." The ideal choice for Indian students interested in medicine may be to study MBBS in Armenia. Armenia's medical university is a place where students can obtain anything they desire.
- Numerous factors influence the decision of thousands of students to pursue an MBBS in Armenia, including the country's modern infrastructure, well-equipped laboratories, affordable course costs, favourable clinical exposure, and high-quality medical education.
- Additionally, there are no entrance exams required for admission to one of Armenia's premier medical schools. English is the language of instruction for MBBS students in Armenia. The medical schools in Armenia grant Indian students an "MD" degree, which is equivalent to an MBBS degree in India.
- At the nexus of culture, religion, and history, Armenia is situated in the southern Transcaucasus, between Europe and Asia.
- Armenia shares borders with Iran to the south, Georgia to the north, Turkey to the west and south, and Azerbaijan to the east and southwest.
- Over 4,000 historical sites, from from prehistoric to Hellenistic eras and the early to the medieval Christian era, are accessible to tourists throughout Armenia.
- Currently, Christians make up 97% of the population in Armenia. A variety of ethnic minorities, including Yazidis, Ukrainians, Kurds, Russians, and others, make up the remaining little portion. One of the most exquisite churches in the entire world is found in Armenia.
- Armenia has a dry, continental climate. Armenia experiences a long, hot summer, with an average high of 25 °C in the plains between June and August. Winters are often mild; the average January temperature in the plains and foothills is approximately 5° C, while it dips to 12° C in the mountains.
- Armenia has 28, 71, 509 people living there as per the 2011 census.
- 'Yerevan,' which serves as both the country's capital and largest city, is located in Armenia.
- Armenia has a total size of 29,743 km2, making it just slightly smaller than Belgium.
MBBS in Armenia- Quick Highlights
MD (Equivalent to MBBS in India)
Duration for MBBS in Armenia
5 + 1 Years (internship)
Medium of Instruction
Required with qualifying marks
Minimum Tuition Fees
Maximum Tuition Fees
Top Medical University
10+2 (Science) with 50% for General
category and 40% for SC/ST category
Recognition of the Medical Universities
NMC and WHO
Advantage of MBBS:- Armenia
Check out a few advantages for Indian students studying medicine in Armenia:
- NMC and WHO accept medical certificates issued in Armenia.
- No TOEFL or IELTS score is required for enrollment in Armenia's MBBS program.
- Armenia has lower living expenses
- One of Europe's safest nations for worry-free schooling
- A good learning environment and closeness
- Armenian medical school admissions do not require entrance tests.
- Good conditions for learning.
- Extremely affordable course cost
- Armenian medical schools provide the most affordable, high-quality MBBS training.
- The National Medical Commission (NMC) and the WHO both accept and accredit the degrees that have been granted (World Health Organisation).
- Armenian MBBS universities offer a stimulating and calm learning atmosphere.
- Students can enroll in MBBS programs in Armenia without concern because Armenian medical degrees are recognized across the world.
- A few universities in Armenia provide 5-year MBBS degrees, however the majority of their MBBS programs last 6 years.
- No language proficiency exam, including the TOEFL, IELTS, or any others, is required for enrollment in the MBBS program in Armenian medical universities.
- To study MBBS in Armenia, students are not required to pay any type of contribution or capitation fee.
- English is the primary language of instruction and communication for MBBS courses. The kids can easily comprehend and converse with their roommates, classmates, hostel mates, teachers, and others for this reason.
- After passing the license exam, graduates of MBBS programs from Armenian universities who return to India would be qualified to practice medicine there.
- Indian and other international students can afford to live in Armenia.
- For entry into the MBBS program at an Armenian medical university, there is no entrance exam.
- To expose students to the most cutting-edge medical procedures used around the world, the majority of Armenia's medical universities provide their facilities with the most up-to-date technology.
International Recognition of Universities in Armenia
The list of global medical councils that have recognized the MBBS degrees in Armenia:
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
Eligibility Criteria for Getting MBBS Admission in Armenia
Below mentioned are the eligibility criteria for MBBS in Armenia in which one should perfectly fit:
- An applicant must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken. The maximum age limit is 25 for admission into MBBS. For the reserved class, the upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years.
- The candidate or the applicant must have qualified for the NEET exam with the minimum qualifying marks to become eligible for admission into a medical university in Armenia.
- The applicant must have cleared the 10+2 exam with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry for the general category and 40% marks for the reserved category.
- The applicant must be an Indian national to become eligible for MBBS admission in Armenia.
Documents:- MBBS in Armenia
For pursuing MBBS in Armenia students must possess the following documents:
- 10th & 12th Certificate + Mark sheet
- Passport with a minimum of 18 months validity.
- Photo – 10 ( 4.5 x 3.5 cm)
- Covid-19 report
Duration:- MBBS in Armenia
- The MBBS program at an Armenian medical school lasts a total of 6 years, including 1 year of clinical training in a university-affiliated hospital and 5 years of classroom instruction.
- The internship cycle is a part of this 6-year MBBS academic program.
- Students who opt to study medicine in Armenian will have an additional year added to their course schedule, bringing the total length of the program to seven years.
Admission Process:- MBBS in Armenia
The application process for the MBBS program at any medical university in Armenia is fairly straightforward and simple to understand.
- Step 1: Decide which medical school you wish to apply to.
- Step 2: Complete the online application on our website.
- Step 3: Attach and submit all necessary supporting documentation.
- Step 4: The institution will issue you an admissions letter or invitation after assessing your application materials.
- Step 5: Students must pay the first-year tuition to secure their enrollment after receiving invitation letters from universities.
- Step 6 is to apply for a student visa together with the letter of invitation and payment confirmation. You are ready to fly for your MBBS course once you have finished all the processes and gotten your student visa.
Medium of Teaching:- MBBS in Armenia
It helps students from all over the world to understand the concepts very easily:
- The medium of teaching in NMC-approved medical universities in Armenia is English.
Education System in Armenia
A top-notch educational system is provided by Armenia's medical universities:
- After 2014, when Armenian universities began providing medical education in English, medical universities there gained popularity among Indian students.
- Armenian medical schools adhere to international standards for instruction.
- In universities, the main emphasis is on students' professional development.
- The candidates for medical school undergo extensive training in diagnosing procedures.
- Candidates will get the chance to improve their clinical competencies.
- Group exercises are used for the lessons. There is a 1:15 instructor-to-student ratio in each group.
- Indian students will experience a great deal of clinical practice in close collaboration with local medical professionals.
Hostel Facilities:- Armenia Medical Universities
Foreign students are well-cared for at universities in Armenia. The following amenities are available for student housing options:
- When it comes to living expenses, Armenia is inexpensive and within reach.
- Armenian MBBS universities offer its students housing options.
- The hostel's staff keeps the rooms neat, clean, nicely furnished, and well-maintained.
- Both the hostel and the computer labs offer internet access.
- Power and hot and cold water are always available.
NOTES:-Students who don't want to stay in a hostel can choose from a variety of off-campus and alternative lodging options. Among these choices are rental apartments or flats, inns, resorts, homestays with host families, etc.
Students must weigh these options in terms of cost and comfort before choosing the one that best fits their requirements and way of life.
Indian Food:- Armenia
- Indian students will get different varieties of healthy and hygienic Indian food from any medical university’s canteens like Gujarati, Punjabi, South Indian & many more.
- If Indian students want to eat Indian food in Armenia outside the university canteens, they can get Indian food very easily by exploring the beautiful country.
Vacations During MBBS in Armenia
There are two long holidays in Armenia:
Armenian medical universities follow semester patterns for teaching. So there are two long holidays between semesters in a year.
- The first vacation is summer vacation which is for 2 months, July and August. The next semester will start on September 1st.
- The second vacation is a winter vacation that lasts for around a month. From 15th January to the first week of February.
Note: Students can plan their vacation or visit home in these two periods of time of the year.
Is MBBS in Armenia Valid in India?
This is the most important and common concern among all the students and parents:
- The MBBS degree Valid from an NMC recognized by Armenia's medical university is legitimate in India.
- If a medical school is accredited by the National Medical Commission, students should be aware of its specifics.
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.
MBBS in Armenia- Is it Safe for Indian Students?
- Studying MBBS in Armenia is much safer than in any other country. People in this country are also very friendly.
Where Can We Apply for PG after Completing MBBS from Armenia?
The students after completing MBBS from Armenian medical universities can opt to practice in many countries. There are also some PG options for students provided that they have to clear the screening tests of their respective countries. Students after completing MBBS from Armenia can have the following options:
- Practice in the UK after qualifying for the PLAB examination.
- Practice in the US after qualifying for USMLE
- Practice in India after clearing the NEXT exam
- Practice in Australia after AMC
- Join a PG program in Germany
Career after MBBS in Armenia
The future of MBBS graduates from Armenia is highly promising. The degree is valued and acknowledged around the world. Following the completion of their MBBS in Armenia, students have the following options:
- Armenian Medical Practice
After graduating from an Armenian medical school with an MBBS degree, students are free to settle there. Students have the option of practicing medicine in Armenia or pursuing medical school after graduation. Many students claim that practicing medicine in Armenia is a fulfilling profession.
- Going back to India for training
After completing their MBBS studies in Armenia, Indian students are eligible to practice medicine in their home country. They must pass the EXIT exam and meet the prerequisites for it in order to do this.
- Hospital Management Training
Hospital management courses are available to Armenian MBBS students as well. These days, careers in hospital management are expanding quickly. This course's scope is broad.
- Graduates of the USMLE
MBBS test can take the USMLE licensing examination, which is held in the USA (the United States Medical Licensing Examination)
- Post Graduation in Germany
Once students complete their MBBS from Armenia, they can also go for MD in Germany. The degree received from Germany will be valid in India also.