Study MBBS in Australia
MBBS in Australia has an annual increase of 15-20% each year. With the world-class infrastructure, globally recognized degree, structured curriculum, futuristic technologies, and versatile teaching methodology study MBBS in Australia has set a global mark all over the world. The number of foreign students migrating to Australia for studying MBBS in Australia. Over the past few years, Australia has produced top medical professionals, practitioners, and doctors from various parts of the country.
Medical universities in Australia have dynamic practical sessions with the traditional education system that enhances the learning environment of medical students in a more prominent way. The country offers a bachelor's as well as a master’s degree program for international students with exciting opportunities in the field of medicine.
MBBS in Australia: Quick Highlights
Follow the quick facts for MBBS in Australia:
||6 years (including internship)
||Starts from 6 lakhs
|Language of Teaching
- Australia is a country lying on the Pacific and Indian oceans in the southern hemisphere.
- Sydney and Melbourne are the cultural and economic centers of the country.
- The country has been called as “Oldest continent”, “the Last of Lands” “the Last Frontier” and home to many fascinating natural landmarks.
- The Population of Australia is around 2cr having the most populated places like Victoria, Queensland, and New South Wales.
- The country has several beautiful lakes acquiring an area of 9500 square kilometers.
Why Study MBBS in Australia?
Following are the top benefits of studying MBBS in Australia:
- MBBS degree from Australia has worldwide recognition.
- The medical universities in Australia offer research and practical-oriented education in the course of medicine.
- Australia has a renowned association of medical doctors who work as professors in the universities of Australia.
- There is an ample number of career opportunities after completing MBBS in Australia.
- Australian universities host more than 1 lakh foreign students every year and the number is increasing every year.
Course Duration of MBBS in Australia
The MBBS course duration in Australia is 6 years. The details about the MBBS course durations are discussed below.
- MBBS in Australia lasts for 6 years.
- There is 1 year of the internship program which is compulsory for each medical student.
- The courses are taught in the English language.
- During the study, students are subjected to an advanced training program conducted by the medical universities of Australia.
Top Medical Universities in Australia: Fee Structure
Following is the fee structure of top Medical universities in Australia:
|Name of the universities
||Fees in INR
|The University of Sydney
|The University of Melbourne
|The Australian National University Medical School
|University of Adelaide
Eligibility Criteria: Applying for MBBS in Australia
Follow the below eligibility criteria for applying for MBBS in Australia:
- Applicants must have completed higher secondary education (10+2 level) from the recognized board or university.
- The age of the candidate is a minimum of 17 years.
- Applicants need to clear the IELTS/TOEFL exam with a minimum grade of 7 points.
- The applicant must clear the UMAT test as conducted by the university for international students.
Admission Process(2022-23): Applying for MBBS in Australia
The commencement of the academic year in the medical universities of Australia will start in January. Applicants need to apply 4 months before enrolling for the MBBS course in Australia:
Following is the admission procedure required for applying for the MBBS course in Australia:
Step 1: Check the University Status.
Step 2: Fill out the application form/apply on the official site of the respective university.
Step 3: Fill in the document details. Upload the scanned copy of the documents.
Step 4: Ensure that you have valid copies of transcripts, certificates, and mark sheets.
Step 5: Pay the application fees & take a printout of the application form.
Step 6: Wait for the application review process. It takes 2-3 weeks for approval.
Step 7: Get an invitation letter from the institute & apply for the visa.
Step 8: Report the date of arrival to the respective university and get an airport pickup.
Follow the below documents checklists required for applying for MBBS in Australia:
- Copy of 10th Certificate & mark sheets
- Copy of 12th Certificate & mark sheets
- Copy of Bachelor's degree certificate (If applicable)
- NEET Score Card
- Birth Certificate
- Leaving Certificate
- UCAT scorecard
- Personal statement
- Bank Statement
- Copy of passports
- Passport-size photographs
MBBS in Australia: Course Syllabus
The syllabus for the MBBS course in Australian medical colleges is given below:
|Fundamentals of Psychology
|Internal Medicine Pathomorphology
||Obstetrics and Gynecology
Career Opportunities after MBBS in Australia
Australia is the place that distributes several medical professionals to the various countries across the world:
Following are the career opportunities offered after completing MBBS in Australia:
- Hospital administrator
- Medical Officer
- Nuclear scientist
- Assistant physio
- General practitioner
Cost of Living
Following is the cost of living for studying medicine in Australia:
||Cost in INR
||Cost in USD
||40,000 - 50,000
||571 - 714
||15,000 - 20,000
||214 - 285
||7,000 - 8,000
||100 - 114
Note: 1$ = Rs. 70 (for calculation purposes)
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.