Study MBBS in China
Many students grow up with a dream of becoming a doctor! Studying MBBS in India has a lot of hurdles like high fees, availability of only a few seats, and so on. MBBS in China is the best option for international students among other options.
China has Top Medical Colleges in the world that offer the best English medium MBBS programs in the world. China has some of the world’s finest medical universities that offer MBBS courses at low cost
As China has a very high education budget for research and development in its medical science field, the medical universities can afford to admit international students at such low fees and thus MBBS in China is becoming more popular day by day.
As English is a highly taught language in China, students need not worry about studying a new native language.
Almost all the Medical Universities in China are government-owned, and hence those are the finest universities with state-of-the-art infrastructure and high-quality education. The duration of studying MBBS in China is 6 years including 1 year of internship.
After completing MBBS in China, students can apply for FMGE, USMLE, and PLAB exams. Students can pursue higher degree courses once they complete MBBS in China or they can start working anywhere in the world!
- The eastern part of Asia is occupied by China with a swiftly developing economy.
- China is officially termed the People’s Republic of China and the country has the world’s largest population.
- China experiences different types of climates in different parts of the country because of its large geographical size.
- The Population of China is about 1.420 billion. China has a landscape with lakes, rivers, grassland, desert, and 14500 km of coastline.
- China has shared its border with India, Nepal, and Bhutan. Beijing is the capital of China. Shanghai is well-known for the financial and business sector and it is the largest city in China.
- The Chinese people are very well cultured and hospitable towards foreigners, as China has a great historical background.
- The weather in China is a mixture of continental monsoon climate, cold winters, and hot summers in general.
- The weather in China is different for different temperature zones, as China has diverse landforms.
- In China, the Tropical zone region cannot experience many cold days and the rainy season is strong in Hainan Province.
MBBS in China - Quick Highlights
|Intake for MBBS Course
||50% in PCB for General Category
40% in PCB for Reserved Category
|NEET Entrance Test
||Yes, it is compulsory
|IELTS & TOEFL
|Minimum Course Fee
|Maximum Course Fee
|Cost of Living in China
||5+1 Year Internship
|Medium of Education
||NMC & WHO accredited
|Top Medical University
||Dalian Medical University
Why should you choose China to study MBBS?
The entire world knows about the educational infrastructure of China. There are more reasons why students from other countries Choose universities in China to study medicine. Here we are mentioning the top 5 Reasons to Study Medicine in China.
- To enhance quality medical education, the NMC Approved universities in China promote international educational aspects.
- As most Chinese medical universities provide scholarships, MBBS in China is economical.
- Well-equipped laboratories, spacious libraries, and well-developed classrooms with state-of-the-art facilities enable a healthy study environment for students.
- MBBS in China is accepted all over the world, students can appear for any.
- Hones students’ research skills to contribute to China’s booming medical industry.
MBBS in China Fee Structure 2022
The fee structure for China’s top medical universities is as follows:
|Name of the universities
||Tuition Fee (For 6 years)
||Hostel Fee (For 6 years)
||Annual Fee (For 6 years)
|Xi’an Jiaotong University
|Xinjiang Medical University
|Ningxia Medical University
|Qiqihar Medical University
|Nanjing Medical University
|Dalian Medical University
|Wuhan Medical University
|Jinan Medical University
|Tianjin Medical University
Note: All the amounts mentioned above are supposed to change as per the rate of currency and university policies. For calculation purpose 1$ = Rs. 70
MBBS in China - Course Duration
- To practice as a successful doctor, 5 years of classroom training is necessary wherein students will get all the required knowledge thus the Chinese medical schools are structured to provide 5 years of classroom training.
- Practical training is also provided to students hand in hand.
- Students are then enrolled for 1 year of apprenticeship after successful completion of classroom training which will focus only on practical and hospital training where students will get a chance to deal with patients in real-time, handle surgeries, operations, etc.
- Students can also skip internships in China and do the same in India. But the NMC screening test is necessary for India.
- Thus, the total duration of the MBBS course in China is 6 years.
Admission Process: For Studying MBBS in China
Seeking an MBBS in abroad? You can connect with “Dream Medicine” for all kinds of information related to the admission process.
- Step 1: To get admission to the MBBS course, the candidate should produce original documents of 10+2 standard along with attested copies of mark sheets and photographs.
- Step 2: After the counseling process, the eligible candidate will get an invitation letter.
- Step 3 The candidate can apply for a student visa, after getting an invitation letter.
- Step 4: The candidates have to submit a copy of the documents to the Chinese Embassy for getting a traveling visa.
- Step 5: The candidate will have to pay the tuition fee at the time of the admission process.
- Step 6: The candidate can move to China to sustain a career in the medical field, after completion of the process mentioned above.
MBBS in China - Eligibility Criteria 2022
Here is the standard eligibility criterion for taking admission to MBBS course in the Medical Universities of China:
- The minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of the admission process.
- The candidate must have 50% aggregate marks in PCB for the general cast and 40% for reserved category students.
- The candidate should have a valid NEET card showing the qualified NEET score.
- The candidate should be an Indian national.
Documents Required: For Student Visa Process
- 10th Certificate + Mark sheet
- 12th Certificate + Mark sheet
- Passport with minimum 18 months validity.
- Birth Certificate in English
- Photos - 10
- Official Invitation letter from the respective Medical University
- Authorized artifacts as approved by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents by the respective Embassy.
- Visa fees
- Bank Slip of University 1st year Tuition fee payment
- HIV Test Reports
Important Dates for MBBS in China Admission
|Application Start Date
|Last Date of Application
|Course commences from
- The above information is only for reference of the students, as the dates may vary depending on each university in China.
- Applicants should apply as early as possible, as early July to late August is Summer vacation in all China’s universities.
Some Facts About How China Is Winning The Race
Here are some facts about the Ministry of Education in China that results in the high-quality standard:
- China’s educational system is one of the largest in the world.
- China is a popular study abroad destination.
- Chinese universities, like Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Fudan University, and Zhejiang University, are amongst the best in the world.
- About 10,000 students visit China to study the course of Medicine.
- Chinese universities are amongst the best in the world. In the year 1993, China had 1,070 full-time institutions of higher learning.
- China Medical University was the first medical school established by the Chinese Communist Party.
MBBS Courses Offered in China
- The courses like General Medicine and Clinical Medicine are provided to Undergraduate students.
- The candidate can pursue a master's degree in a particular specialized field, after completion of the course.
- There are 5 other courses prescribed by CMU in the Chinese language, instead of this.
Detailed Course Syllabus for MBBS in China
MBBS Scholarship for Medical Students
Scholarships are provided to International students. Depending on the respective course of study, Indian students can get scholarships based on their academic performance.
Here is the list of some of the Scholarships acclaimed by the Chinese Government:
- University Scholarships (US)
- Chinese Government Scholarships (CGS)
- Confucius Institute Scholarships (CIS)
- Chinese Local Government Scholarships (CLGS)
Safety Factor: Studying MBBS in China
- China is one of the well-sheltered countries in the world, due to high-tech securities Crime rates are very low in China. International students are safe in China.
- Chinese medical universities have CCTV cameras everywhere on campus, in libraries, laboratories, and in classes for the security and safety of students. These universities take special care of girl students
MD/MS in USA After Completing MBBS in China
- Students can go for MD/MS in the USA after MBBS in abroad. Students do not have to write NMC Screening Test before or after MBBS abroad if they complete MD / MS in the USA. That means, on completion of MBBS in China, students can go for PG level (MD / MS) in the USA without clearing NMC Test.
- The PG degree completed by the students in the USA would be valid in India as well as the USA.
- Also, while pursuing Medicine in America, all the money that students spent while doing MBBS would be paid back by way of a monthly stipend (USD 4,200 Approx.).
Medical PG in Germany After Completing MBBS in China
- Students studying in a good medical university in China which comes under the top 10 MBBS colleges in China can get the benefit throughout their life.
- Students generally go for their medical PG in Germany after MBBS in China, though MD in china after MBBS is a good option. Admissions to MBBS in China have been made more direct, simpler and a systematic system
Food & Accommodation Facilities
- Chinese cuisine provides a mixture of local as well as cultural foods for international students.
- A low-cost quality meal is provided to the students by the College and University campus. The food costs around 4 to 8 USD.
- For foreign students, the lifestyle in China is quite affordable.
- China is almost less expensive, compared to most European countries.
Monthly Expenses for MBBS Students in China
||Estimated Monthly Cost (USD)
||$200 ~ $70
||$100 ~ $150
||$30 ~ $50
||$50 ~ $100
||$380 ~ $1,000
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.