- MBBS in Ukraine is the foremost option for Indian students to pursue low-cost medical education without suffering costly education in India.
- Ukraine encompasses many Government Medical Universities that offer MBBS, MD, and other degrees in medicine at an affordable fee structure. The main era of studying MBBS in Ukraine is to make the students familiar with theoretical and practical knowledge in Medicine.
- After completing MBBS in Ukraine, students are awarded the degree of “MD Physician”. The degree is equivalent to MBBS in India as per National Medical Commission (NMC). There are more than 65000 international students from 147 countries are admitted for the Medicine course in Ukraine.
- The cost of studying MBBS courses for resident and nonresident candidates is very low. The students are not required to give any entrance test for taking admission to the Medical University of Ukraine. There are plenty of job opportunities are available in Ukraine for MBBS doctors. They get paid high with a lucrative salary package.
- Medical Education in Ukraine is globally accepted has affordable tuition fees and has a world-class education system. The duration of the course is about 6 years including a 1-year internship.
- Ukraine is primarily known as a country providing quality Medical Education.
- It has an area of 6,03,628 km, making it the largest country entirely within the European continent.
- Ukraine has substantial, fertile farmlands, and it remains one of the world’s largest grain exporters.
- It is named the global breadbasket of Europe. The diversified and developed economy of Ukraine includes a large heavy industry sector, particularly in industrial equipment and aerospace.
Eastern Orthodox, Catholic
Exchange Rate (as of December 2021)
1 Hryvnia = 2.77 INR (approx)
Winter: -4 to -8 degrees Celsius
Summer: 22 to 25 degrees Celsius
3 hours 30 minutes
India is ahead of time of Ukraine.
MBBS in Ukraine- Quick Highlights
The table below shows the important highlights of the MBBS course in Ukraine:
Last Date to Apply
50% in PCB for General Category
40% in PCB for SC/ST/OBC
NEET Entrance Test
Yes, it is Compulsory
IELTS & TOEFL
Minimum Course Fee
Maximum Course Fee
Top Medical Universities
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Lviv National Medical University
Cost of Living in Ukraine
5+1 Year Internship
Medium of Education
NMC & WHO accredited
Why Study in Ukraine
The advantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine are explained below:
- Any donation and capitation fees are not required at the time of the admission process.
- World-Class Medical Schools.
- Low-cost study.
- All the best medical colleges in Ukraine are globally recognized (NMC, WHO & UNESCO).
- Innovative and Bilingual education structure.
- Well-organized research and Seminars.
- As MBBS in Ukraine is authorized Worldwide, the extent of employment for MBBS graduates is more.
- Live training.
- Various opportunities are available for participating in international exchange programs, conferences, and other scientific projects.
- Safe environment (for religions).
- The quality of education and infrastructure in Ukraine Medical College is good.
- The Candidate is presented as European Union Standard while studying in Ukraine.
- IELTS & TOEFL as a background is not compulsory for MBBS in Ukraine.
International Recognition of Universities in Ukraine
The list of global medical councils that have recognized the MBBS degrees in Ukraine:
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- United States Medical License Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
Eligibility Criteria for Getting MBBS Admission in Ukraine
All the Indian students have to fulfill these criteria to take admission for MBBS degree in medical universities of Ukraine:
- The age of the students should be 18 years on or before 31st December, of the year of admission to the MBBS course.
- The student must have completed class 12th from any regular board.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 50% in PCB if the student is from the general category and at least 40% in PCB if the student is from SC/ST/OBC.
- The candidate should have to clear the NEET entrance test followed by National Medical Commission
Documents Required to Study in Ukraine
Students need to keep the following documents ready to apply for MBBS courses in Ukraine's medical universities:
- Academic certificates (SSC & HSC)
- Academic Marksheets, SSC and HSC
- NEET mark sheet
- Passport size photos 8
- Medical certificate
- Student Visa
- Medical Insurance
- Latest Covid-19 test certificate
Admission Process for MBBS in Ukraine
All the students who fit into the eligibility criteria and have all the documents ready should follow the step by step admission process as mentioned below:
- Step 1: Fill up the registration/Application form on Our Website.
- Step 2: Scan all the copies of your passport and other related documents that should be submitted to the prospective universities via the online admission portal.
- Step 3: The candidate received the confirmation/offer letter from the university through their online admission portal.
- Step 4: Once the MBBS admission is confirmed, then pay the First Year Fee.
- Step 5: Once you pay the fee you get your Invitation letter and you are all set to fly for your MBBS course.
Complete Duration of MBBS Course in Ukraine
- The duration of studying MBBS in Ukraine is of 6 years.
- The course duration in Ukraine for MBBS includes 6 years of course including 1 year of an internship program.
The Medium of Teaching While Studying MBBS in Ukraine
In Ukraine, the medical universities follow 2 mediums for teaching:
- The medium of teaching in Ukraine (MBBS course) is English and Ukrainian language.
- Foreign students can complete their courses in English medium.
Education System in Ukraine
The medical universities of Ukraine offer a quality education system:
- Medical universities in Ukraine got popular among Indian students after 2014 since the universities in Ukraine started offering medical education in English.
- Medical universities in Ukraine follow the international standard of education.
- University mainly focuses on the professional development of students.
- The medical candidates are subjected to intensive training for the diagnosis process.
- Candidates will get the opportunity to enhance their clinical skills.
- The classes are conducted in groups. Each group has a teacher-to-student ratio of 1:15.
- Indian students will get a lot of clinical exposure in close coordination with doctors working there.
Is MBBS in Ukraine Valid in India?
This is the most important and common concern among all the students and parents:
- Yes, the MBBS degree completed from an NMC-approved by the medical university of Ukraine is valid in India.
- Students should know the details about the medical university in which they are studying if it is approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC) then it is valid in India.
Hostel & Accommodation Facilities During MBBS in Ukraine
During the MBBS course in the medical universities of Ukraine, students get wonderful accommodation facilities:
- There are hostels for foreign students in every university.
- The hostels are provided with all the important facilities and amenities. There are shared rooms.
- Few universities even provide air-conditioned rooms.
- All the rooms are provided with beds, bed sheets, blankets, pillows, tables, and chairs.
- There are common kitchen rooms for cooking Indian food. The students are provided with washing machines and an Indian mess.
- The hostel fees for university accommodations vary but it is affordable.
Indian Food Availability in Ukraine
- Indian students will get complete different varieties of healthy and hygienic Indian food from any medical university’s canteens like Gujarati, Punjabi, South Indian & many more.
- If Indian students want to eat Indian food in Ukraine outside the university canteens, they can get Indian food very easily by exploring the beautiful country.
PG Options after MBBS in Ukraine
Students can choose from several PG options after completing MBBS from Ukrainian universities:
- Since the MBBS degree from recognized universities in Ukraine has worldwide recognition, students can opt for options like doing PG or starting a career right away as a surgeon or anything else.
- Doing PG after MBBS from Ukraine is one of the options that students can choose. Students can choose to do PG anywhere just like they choose to do MBBS abroad.
- They can choose to do PG in India, the USA, Ukraine, or any other country. To pursue PG in any country, students have to clear the respective entrance exam/screening test of that country/university. So there are many options to do PG after completing MBBS in Ukraine.
Vacation During MBBS in Ukraine
There are 2 vacations during the MBBS course in Ukraine:
- While studying your MBBS course in Ukrainian medical universities, students get vacations 2 times a year.
- Summer vacations are for 2 months. It lasts for July and August months.
- Winter vacations are for 2 weeks. It starts at the end of January month to the first week of February.
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.
MBBS in Ukraine - Is it Safe for Indian Students?
Ukraine is one of the safest countries for Indian students:
- According to the UL safety index, Ukraine holds the 106th rank in the safety index.
- It is a safe country for Indian students.
- There has been no harm to any Indian student and the campus environment is a friendly one.
- There are a lot of students coming from several countries.
The Medical Education System in Ukraine
The education system for MBBS courses in Ukraine follows the credit pattern:
- The course years of an MBBS degree are divided into semester patterns.
- There are 2 semesters every year.
- The 5 years are of lectures and practicals including independent work hours, while the 6th year consists of the internship.
- The clinical work starts in the third year of the MBBS degree.
What are the Career Opportunities after Completing MBBS Degree from Ukraine?
After completing an MBBS degree from Ukraine's NMC approved top MBBS universities students have vast career options:
- The demand for MBBS is increasing day by day as diseases are increasing worldwide. Also, it is not going to end up in the nearer future. Therefore, students have a bright and successful career after MBBS in Ukraine.
- All the international bodies including the European council, WHO, and UNESCO are the government bodies whose accreditation has been given to the MBBS in Ukraine. Thus, an MBBS degree in Ukraine is recognized worldwide. Students who have taken their medical degree from Ukraine can practice in any country, but for that, they should give NMC Screening Test.
- Ukraine universities pay significant attention to different qualities that a doctor should have and which will also help students to develop better career prospects and success.