About Аkаkі Тsеrеtеlі Ѕtаtе Unіvеrsіtу, Georgia
- Akaki Tsereteli State University, Georgia was founded in 1933 and is one of Georgia's oldest state educational centers with a well-developed infrastructure. The study process at ATSU is carried out at every level: Bachelor's, Master and Ph.D., which are accredited by the Ministry of Georgia of Education and Science. At present, due to the success of the renovations, the University has about 10,000 students in nine faculties.
- The University collaborates productively with universities and scientific centers of the EU, and EE. UU. And Eastern countries to establish conditions that meet international accreditation/approval standards and create the best environment for students.
About Kutaisi City
Let's know some information about the Kutaisi city where this university is located:
- Kutaisi city is located along the banks of the river Rioni River. The northeast and northwest regions of the city are surrounded by beautiful forests.
- Kutaisi city has a humid subtropical climate. For an average Indian student, it is like winter there. The average temperature of the city is 14 degrees celsius. January is the coldest month with an average temperature of 5.4 degrees celsius and August is the hottest month with 24.7 degrees Celsius average temperature.
Kutaisi has an ancient cultural tradition. Some of the ancient museums and theatres are attractions for tourism.
- Kutaisi state historical museum
- Kutaisi Museum of sport
- Kutaisi Lado Meskhishvili State Academic Theatre
- Kutaisi Meliton Balanchivadze State Opera House
- Kutaisi Iakob Gogebashvili State Puppet Theatre
Akaki Tsereteli State University - Important Highlights
Some of the quick overviews to be glanced at are mentioned here in the table below for Akaki Tsereteli State University:
|Last Date to Apply
||50% in PCB
|NEET Entrance Test
||Yes, it is required
||Rs 4.3 Lakhs/Year
||5+1 years with internship
|Medium of Teaching
||Country Rank - 11
World Rank - 7734
||NMC, WHO & UNESCO
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Akaki Tsereteli State University
There are several advantages of studying MBBS at Akaki Tsereteli State University. These points mentioned below will let you know whether any student should choose Akaki Tsereteli State University for an MBBS course:
- University approved/recognized by NMC.
- Without TOEFL / IELTS.
- Standard and quality education.
- Courses recognized all over the world (EUROPEAN COUNCIL, UNESCO, WHO, etc.)
- English Medium of education.
- Better job prospects.
- Emphasis on practical aspects of teaching.
- Possibility of residency and permanent settlement in Europe once the study program is finished.
Accreditation & Recognition of Аkаkі Тsеrеtеlі Ѕtаtе Unіvеrsіtу
The degree from Akaki Tsereteli State University is worldwide recognized and accepted as the university is recognized worldwide. This university: has the following Accreditation and Recognition:
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
Аkаkі Тsеrеtеlі Ѕtаtе Unіvеrsіtу - MBBS Fee Structure 2022
Studying MBBS at Akaki Tsereteli State University is very much affordable for an Indian student. The following figures for tuition fees and hostel fees will surely tell you this fact:
|Fee in USD (approx)
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)
|Hostel & Food in Rupees (approx)
Note: 1$= Rs.70
Eligibility Criteria at Аkаkі Тsеrеtеlі Ѕtаtе Unіvеrsіtу
Any student of Indian nationality can take admission to Akaki Tsereteli State University if they fit the following eligibility criteria:
- A student should have obtained 50% of the qualifications in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology at the level of Class XII (Sciences) for the general category.
- Students from the reserved category can apply for the MBBS course with a minimum of 40% marks in HSC.
- The age limit for the student to get admission to Akaki Tsereteli State University is a minimum of 17 years old and a maximum of 25 years old. This age should be at the time of admission or before the 31st of December of the admission year.
Admission Process at Аkаkі Тsеrеtеlі Ѕtаtе Unіvеrsіtу
Students who wish to take admission to Akaki Tsereteli State University need to follow the simple admission process. This admission process for Akaki Tsereteli is explained step by step below:
- Step 1: Choose a medical university you want to take admission to.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form on Our Website.
- Step 3: Attach all the important documents required and submit them.
- Step 4: After reviewing your documents, the university will send you the admission/invitation letter.
- Step 5: Once the students receive invitation letters from universities, they need to pay the first-year tuition fee to confirm their admission.
- Step 6: Apply for a student visa with the invitation letter and payment receipt. Once completed all the procedures and received a student visa, you are all set to fly for your MBBS course.
Documents Required at Аkаkі Тsеrеtеlі Ѕtаtе Unіvеrsіtу
Candidates make sure that all the documents mentioned below are ready before starting the admission process:
- Copy of passport
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- NEET report card
- Passport size photographs
Course Duration for MBBS at Akaki Tsereteli State University
The total course duration of the MBBS course contains the actual lectures of theoretical lessons and practical studies within the period of the internship:
- The total course duration for the MBBS course in Georgia is 6 years.
- Akaki Tsereteli State University offers 5 years of theoretical lectures and practical lessons followed by a compulsory internship of 1 year.
- Students get to practice their knowledge in the internship period very well.
MBBS Syllabus at Akaki Tsereteli State University
The subjects which are taught under the MBBS course at Akaki Tsereteli State University are mentioned in the syllabus table below:
||Introduction to Public Health
|Histology & Embryology
||Clinical & Professional Skills III
|Cardiovascular & Respiratory Systems
|History of Medicine
||Renal & Reproductive Systems
|Clinical & Professional Skills I
|Clinical & Professional Skills II
||Internal Medicine clerkship
|Introduction to clinical diagnostics II
||Family Medicine III
||Palliative care clerkship
Medium of Teaching at Аkаkі Тsеrеtеlі Ѕtаtе Unіvеrsіtу
Akaki Tsereteli State University takes care of all the students including foreign nationality students who do not know the Georgian language. Therefore they have a separate course medium for foreign students:
- Akaki Tsereteli State University offers an MBBS course in the English language for foreign students.
Important Dates - Intake 2022
Students need to keep these important dates in mind for applying to the MBBS course at Akaki Tsereteli State University:
|Application Start Date
||Within 2 weeks
|Admission Start Date
|Last Date of Admission
Akaki Tsereteli State University - Ranking 2022
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country and world ranking for Akaki Tsereteli State University:
Accommodation & Hostel Facilities at Аkаkі Тsеrеtеlі Ѕtаtе Unіvеrsіtу
Akaki Tsereteli State University provides a lavish and well-furnished hostel system for students:
- The accommodation system for students is provided on a sharing basis. Each room consists of 2-3 beds for students.
Every room is provided with essential things like:
- After the arrival of the students on the university campus, they are asked to submit their health reports. After the verification of health reports, rooms are assigned to students.
- All hostels have high-speed Wi-Fi.
- Students are provided with a kitchen also to cook their food.
Cost of Living in Kutaisi
The students should take a look at these living expenses of Kutaisi city so that they can manage their financial activities accordingly. The costs below are the average shown for the expenses of a month:
||The average cost in USD
||Approx cost in INR
|Accommodation (sharing apartment)
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Indian Food Availability in Аkаkі Тsеrеtеlі Ѕtаtе Unіvеrsіtу
- Indian students will get completely different varieties of healthy and hygienic Indian food from any medical university’s canteens like Gujarati, Punjabi, South Indian & many more.
- If Indian students want to eat Indian food in Georgia outside the university canteens, they can get Indian food very easily by exploring the beautiful country.
Vacations During MBBS in Аkаkі Тsеrеtеlі Ѕtаtе Unіvеrsіtу
There are two long holidays at Аkаkі Тsеrеtеlі Ѕtаtе Unіvеrsіtу:
Аkаkі Тsеrеtеlі Ѕtаtе Unіvеrsіtу follows semester patterns for teaching. So there are two long holidays between semesters in a year.
- The first vacation is summer vacation which is for 2 months, July and August. The next semester will start on September 1st.
- The second vacation is a winter vacation that lasts for around a month. From 15th January to the first week of February.
Note: Students can plan their vacation or visit home in these two periods of time of the year.
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.
PG Options after Completing MBBS from Аkаkі Тsеrеtеlі Ѕtаtе Unіvеrsіtу
Following are the PG options after MBBS course completion from Аkаkі Тsеrеtеlі Ѕtаtе Unіvеrsіtу:
- Students can opt for a variety of options to pursue their PG courses after completing MBBS from Georgian medical universities.
- They can choose to do PG in Georgia followed by their MBBS.
- Another option for PG is in India. Students need to clear the NMC screening test and then they can choose from the Indian medical colleges for PG.
- If any student still wants to pursue the PG course abroad, there are also options. They need to clear the respective screening tests of the countries they want.