About Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College, Bangladesh
- In 2011, Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College (SIMC) was established and it is one of the prestigious private medical colleges providing MBBS in Bangladesh. The college is situated in Moghbazar, Dhaka. The college is affiliated with Dhaka University.
- Students must complete a one-year internship after the completion of the 5-year Medical program. Along with the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, the college is recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental council and NMC too.
- The aim of Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital Ltd. is to create quality doctors with high dedication and morale. The college is situated in the heart of Dhaka city. It has a 12 storied modern academic building along with a 500 bedded hospital.
- Graduates from this college can work in any country of the world after qualifying for the screening test of that respective country.
About Dhaka City
Some of the interesting and noticeable things about Dhaka city are given below:
- Dhaka is a megacity of Bangladesh with about 16 million people, and with an area of about 1353 sq. km.
- Dhaka is the geographic center of the country of Bangladesh.
- Dhaka is the largest city in Bangladesh and it is also the capital city of Bangladesh.
- Dhaka is a city where there are many mosques and muslins.
- Dhaka city is within the monsoon climate zone and has nearly 80% of the annual average rainfall of 1,854 mm that occurs between May and September.
- Dhaka experiences an annual average temperature of 25 degrees Celsius.
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College - Quick Highlights
Given below is the table for a quick overview of Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital Ltd.:
|Intake for MBBS Course
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission
||50% in PCB
||Yes, it is compulsory
|Total Tuition Fees (Approx.)
||6 years (with internship)
|Medium of Education
Why Study MBBS at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College?
Students must read the below-given benefits which will make them realize that their decision of studying at this university is correct:
- The college believes in the overall development of every student and thus it encourages students to take part in various activities such as student exchange programs, seminars, conferences, debates, etc.
- There is a sports club at the university where students can get themselves enrolled and enjoy various sports such as football, table tennis, basketball, etc.
- The college has a 12 storied modern academic building along with a 500 bedded hospital at the heart of Dhaka city where students can pursue their internships.
- Dr.Sirajul Islam Medical College is recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental council along with the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- The college is affiliated with Dhaka University.
- The college has different faculties of medicine in which students can pursue their graduation and post-graduation.
Accreditation and Recognition of Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College is fully recognized by several medical bodies:
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College - MBBS Fee Structure 2022
Following is the fee structure for Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital Ltd. for MBBS:
|Fees in Indian Rupees
- $1 = Rs.70
- Food charges, one-time charges, registration charges, flight tickets, etc. can be extra.
- As the fees are approximate, they may vary as per the change in currency.
Eligibility Criteria at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
Applicants must ensure that they fit the following eligibility criteria to take admission to Dr.Sirajul Islam Medical College:
- The candidate must be between 17 and 25 years old on or before the date on which the admission is being taken.
- The applicant should have scored at least 60% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2 and 40% if the applicant falls under the reserved category.
- The applicant must have cleared the NEET exam as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
- The candidate must be a high-school graduate or he/she must hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English subjects.
- The applicants must clear both the exams, IELTS, and TOEFL.
Admission Process at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
Below given is the admission process which students need to follow to take admission to Dr.Sirajul Islam Medical College:
- Step 1: Choose a medical university you want to take admission to.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form on Our Website.
- Step 3: Attach all the important documents required and submit them.
- Step 4: After reviewing your documents, the university will send you the admission/invitation letter.
- Step 5: Once the students receive invitation letters from universities, they need to pay the first-year tuition fee to confirm their admission.
- Step 6: Apply for a student visa with the invitation letter and payment receipt. Once completed all the procedures and received a student visa, you are all set to fly for your MBBS course.
Documents Required at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
Students must be ready with the below-mentioned documents at the time of admission to Dr.Sirajul Islam Medical College:
- Copy of passport
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- NEET report card
- Passport size photographs
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College - MBBS Duration
The duration for studying MBBS at Dr.Sirajul Islam Medical College is mentioned below:
- The MBBS course in Bangladesh in all medical universities has a fixed duration and it is for 5 years and 6 months.
- The course in Bangladesh is divided into 3 phases which are pre-clinical, para-clinical, and clinical phases.
- Medical colleges in Bangladesh follow a semester system and each semester has 6 months.
Dr.Sirajul Islam Medical College - MBBS Syllabus
The syllabus for studying MBBS in Bangladesh at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital Ltd. is given below:
||1 year and 6 months
||Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochemistry
||First Professional MBBS
||Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine
||Second Professional MBBS
||pharmacology & therapeutics, microbiology, and Pathology
||Third Professional MBBS
||1 year and 6 months
||Medicine and allied subjects, Surgery and allied subjects, Obstetrics and Gynecology
||Final Professional MBBS
Medium of Teaching at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
The medium of teaching at Dr.Sirajul Islam Medical College is mentioned below:
- At Dr.Sirajul Islam Medical College, the medium of teaching is English. It would be beneficial for both local as well as international students.
Important Dates - Intake 2022
Check out the Important dates regarding admission at Dr.Sirajul Islam Medical College, Bangladesh:
|Application Start Date
||Within 1 Month
|Admission Start Date
Life of Students at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
Students are offered plenty of facilities at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College and the university takes care of the physical and mental health of the students:
- Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College offers hostel facilities to its students.
- The university has modern hostel accommodation with fully furnished rooms with all the necessary facilities. Indian food is also easily available at the hostel mess of the university.
- The rooms are offered on a twin-sharing basis to students of the same gender.
- The College gives students different opportunities to actively participate in various humanitarian services such as free blood donation and free medicine supply for poor patients, relief works during natural calamities such as cyclones, epidemics, floods, etc.
- The college believes in the holistic development of every student and encourages students to participate in various activities such as debates, sports events, tournaments, student exchange programs, cultural activities, etc.
Hostel & Accommodation at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
Following are the hostel facilities at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College:
- There are separate hostel facilities for both local and international students.
- At a short walking distance from the college campus, the hostel building for foreign students is located.
- There is a 5 storied hostel complex for foreign students which can accommodate 50 students.
- To ensure the safety and security of students, especially girl students, special 24x7 security is provided to the hostels. The hostel is under the supervision of wardens.
- With a separate kitchen on each floor, the building has well-furnished rooms for the students.
- Thus, the university offers a safe, excellent, and peaceful environment for students to study.
- The hostel also provides recreational facilities for students indoors and outdoor.
- At these hostels, the facility of central heating and cooling along with laundry facilities is available for all students.
- On every floor of the hostel, there is a common room with a TV so that students can enjoy their leisure time.
Cost of Living in Dhaka
Find below the approximate living cost of the city Dhaka:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)
||Ranges in between Rs. 20 - Rs. 500
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)
||Rs. 600 - Rs. 900
|One-way ticket of any local transport
||Rs. 25 to Rs. 30
|A monthly pass for local transport
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment
||Cost between Rs. 5000 - Rs. 10,000
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Indian Food Availability in Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
- Indian students will get completely different varieties of healthy and hygienic Indian food from any medical university’s canteens like Gujarati, Punjabi, South Indian & many more.
- If Indian students want to eat Indian food in Bangladesh outside the university canteens, they can get Indian food very easily by exploring the beautiful country.
Vacations During MBBS in Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
There are two long holidays at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College follows semester patterns for teaching. So there are two long holidays between semesters in a year.
- The first vacation is summer vacation which is for 2 months, July and August. The next semester will start on September 1st.
- The second vacation is a winter vacation that lasts for around a month. From 15th January to the first week of February.
Note: Students can plan their vacation or visit home in these two periods of time of the year.
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.
PG Options after Completing MBBS from Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
Following are the PG options after MBBS course completion from Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
- Students can opt for a variety of options to pursue their PG courses after completing MBBS from Bangladesh medical universities.
- They can choose to do PG in Bangladesh followed by their MBBS.
- Another option for PG is in India. Students need to clear the NMC screening test and then they can choose from the Indian medical colleges for PG.
- If any student still wants to pursue the PG course abroad, then there are options too. They need to clear the respective screening tests of the countries they want.