About Georgian American University, Georgia
- Georgian American University was established in 2001. The main emphasis of the university is on the importance of good quality education. Georgian American University consists of qualified and highly experienced faculty members.
- To build a notable educational center in Georgia, the university aims to ensure the implementation of international education standards in teaching and research. Georgian American University is one of the best universities for studying MBBS in Georgia.
- This is a co-educational institute located in Tbilisi. The MBBS course at this University is of 5 years. The medium of education for foreign students in English at this University. There are two semesters, spring and fall at the Georgian American University.
About Tbilisi City
The moderate climate in Tbilisi influences human life to stay in a healthy environment:
- Earlier Tbilisi was known as Tiflis.
- The city is situated on the banks of the Kura River with a population of approximately 1.5 million people.
- The city of Tbilisi has a humid subtropical climate with considerable continental influences.
- The city experiences moderately cold winters and warm summers.
- Throughout the year, Tbilisi receives significant rainfall.
- The average annual temperature in Tbilisi is around 13.5 degrees Celsius.
- Located about 17 km southeast of the city center, is Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport which is Tbilisi’s only airport.
Georgian American University - Quick Highlights
Refer to the below eye-catchy MBBS course facts of Georgian American University:
|Last Date to Apply
||60% of PCB
||Yes, it is compulsory
||The cost of 1 credit is 76 USD.
For 360 credits it is $27,360
|Medium of Education
||Country Rank - 30
World Rank - 10316
||NMC, WHO Approved
Benefits of Studying at Georgian American University
Medical education at Georgian American University is highly effective and internationally recognized. The benefits of pursuing an MD/MBBS education at a University are:
- Georgian American University is listed in WHO, FAIMER, and NMC and it is recognized globally.
- The students studying MBBS at this university can avail themselves of the benefits of student exchange programs in the USA, Europe, Canada, and Australia or can transfer themselves to any USA Medical Colleges once they evaluate their current credentials, at any authorized evaluator organization.
- The entire MBBS course is taught in the English medium of instruction.
- The university provides a high quality of education.
- Due to the well-maintained law and order, Tbilisi is a safe place especially for girl students to study.
- As the education system in Georgia is highly efficient, it showcases a high literacy rate of 91%.
- Students get exposure to various cultures due to the vast amount of students coming from different countries who come to pursue MBBS in Georgia.
- The locals in Georgia are quite sociable and friendly towards international students, so students will feel comfortable in a new country.
Accreditation & Recognition of Georgian American University
Georgian American University, Georgia is accredited by:
The university is accredited & recognized by,
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
Georgian American University - MBBS Fee Structure
Georgian American University offers world-class medical education at affordable prices. Here, we have given the detailed fee structure of the MBBS course for the annual year:
|Tuition Fee in USD (approx.)
Eligibility Criteria to Study at Georgian American University
The eligibility criteria for studying MBBS at Georgian American University are as follows:
- The candidate must be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date on which the admission is being taken.
- The applicant must clear the NEET exam as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
- Applicants must clear both IELTS and TOEFL exams.
- The candidate should be a high-school graduate or he/she must hold an equivalent degree in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 60% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2 and 40% if the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC.
Admission Process at Georgian American University
To secure admission to one of the top medical universities in Georgia, like ‘Georgian American University, students must follow the instructions given below:
- Step 1: Choose a medical university you want to take admission to.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form on Our Website.
- Step 3: Attach all the important documents required and submit them.
- Step 4: After reviewing your documents, the university will send you the admission/invitation letter.
- Step 5: Once the students receive invitation letters from universities, they need to pay the first-year tuition fee to confirm their admission.
- Step 6: Apply for a student visa with the invitation letter and payment receipt. Once completed all the procedures and received a student visa, you are all set to fly for your MBBS course.
Documents Required at Georgian American University
Refer to the documents checklists for applying for MBBS study at Georgian American University:
- Copy of passport
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- NEET report card
- Passport size photographs
Georgian American University - MBBS Duration
With 6 years of study, Georgian American University offers the best academic experience to international students nurturing quality medical education with renowned faculties:
- The Georgian American University, Georgia offers a 6-year MBBS program including 1 year of internships.
- With 5 years of dedicated and theoretical medical education, students will get a medical degree and the opportunity to work in university-affiliated hospitals.
Georgian American University - MBBS Course Syllabus
Georgian American University has an internationally recognized curriculum for the MBBS course. Below is the year-wise syllabus of the university for the reference:
||Histology and Anatomy
Fourth & Fifth Year
|General Surgery, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Gynecology, ENT, Neurology, Emergency Medicine, Psychology, and Cardiology.
Georgian American University - Ranking 2022
As per the uniRank ranking system, the Georgian American University has an annual enrollment range of up to 1000- 2000 students for the medical course:
Medium of Teaching at Georgian American University
At Georgian American University, Students from different nationalities will get exposure to studying medicine in the English language:
- The medical courses at Georgian American University, Georgia have been taught in the English language. Students can also apply for the preparatory course in the Georgian language at the university.
- The university offers quality education with experienced faculty members and a good infrastructure.
Important Dates - Intake 2022
Medical aspirants can join either the fall semester by having the batches in September or they can join the spring academic semester by having the batches in February & March:
|Application Start Date
||Within 2 weeks
|Admission Start Date
|Last Date of Admission
Facilities Provided by Georgian American University
In an account of stabilizing the stay of international students at Georgian American University, the university offers the following facilities:
- Georgian American University provides many facilities that are important for studying and it also provides scientific activities for students.
- The university consists of modern and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
- It consists of a Green park for the relaxation of students.
- The large parking areas of the University make a comfortable environment for university life.
- The university focuses on continuous improvement and modernization of its facilities and equipment.
- Georgian American University has many distinguished facilities like QUANTS (Quantitative Finance), the first legal clinic in Georgia, and an ultra-modern IT laboratory known as GeoLab.
- Georgian American University offers professional English language programs, and it also consists of the Spanish Language and Culture Center.
Hostel & Accommodation of Georgian American University
MBBS aspirants at Georgian American University can opt for hostel & accommodation at affordable prices:
- Georgian American University provides students with hostels.
- Hostels provide students with a very comfortable environment to live in.
- The hostels on the campus of Georgian Medical University are equipped with facilities like a library, computer labs, information centers, and medical facilities.
- Students also get Indian food on the hostel premises.
Student's Life at Georgian American University
Georgian American University offers not only a great academic learning experience but also provides enthusiastic living exposure to international students:
- Georgian American University provides the best academic experience to students.
- At Georgian American University, students from all over the world take They are of different Nationalism and Cultures. And hence, students studying at this University get to know about each other’s cultures and customs.
- The Georgian American University provides students with well-equipped hostels that fulfill their basic needs of students and provide a secure environment to them.
- The students are offered a library, information center, computer labs, and medical facilities.
- It offers Indian food, especially for Indian Students.
- Educational, sports, entertainment, and charitable projects are planned and implemented by students.
- The integral parts of diverse student life are GAUBand and GAUtheatre.
- Students enjoy a friendly atmosphere at the University with experienced lecturers.
Cost of Living in Tbilisi
Following is the living cost of Tbilisi in tabular form:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)
||Ranges in between Rs. 20 - Rs. 415
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)
||Rs. 1400 - Rs. 1500
|One way ticket of any local transport
||Rs. 13 to Rs. 15
|A monthly pass for local transport
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment
||cost between Rs. 14,000 - Rs. 25,000
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Indian Food Availability in Georgian American University
- Indian students will get completely different varieties of healthy and hygienic Indian food from any medical university’s canteens like Gujarati, Punjabi, South Indian & many more.
- If Indian students want to eat Indian food in Georgia outside the university canteens, they can get Indian food very easily by exploring the beautiful country.
Vacations During MBBS in Georgian American University
There are two long holidays at Georgian American University :
Georgian American University follows semester patterns for teaching. So there are two long holidays between semesters in a year.
- The first vacation is summer vacation which is for 2 months, July and August. The next semester will start on September 1st.
- The second vacation is a winter vacation that lasts for around a month. From 15th January to the first week of February.
Note: Students can plan their vacation or visit home in these two periods of time of the year.
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.
PG Options after Completing MBBS from Georgian American University
Following are the PG options after MBBS course completion from Georgian American University :
- Students can opt for a variety of options to pursue their PG courses after completing MBBS from Georgian medical universities.
- They can choose to do PG in Georgia followed by their MBBS.
- Another option for PG is in India. Students need to clear the NMC screening test and then they can choose from the Indian medical colleges for PG.
- If any student still wants to pursue the PG course abroad, there are also options. They need to clear the respective screening tests of the countries they want.