About Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College, Bangladesh
- Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College is one of the modern education institutions recognized by the Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh and the Dental Council (BMDC). The college was approved in 1989 by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Now more than 500 students are studying MBBS at Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College.
- The university has 4 academic hospitals with an affiliation of directories of medicines. Around 190 students have graduated from the institute working in different parts of the world.
About Dhaka City
Let us get introduced to Dhaka city:
- The capital of Bangladesh i.e. Dhaka city is located on the river called Buriganga in the south-central part of the country. It is one of the most metropolitan cities in SouthAsia. Today, the city has become a center of flourishing sea trade, attracting English, French, Armenian, Portuguese and Dutch traders. Dhaka is one of the commercials, financial and entertainment capital of Bangladesh.
- During the British period, several medical educational institutions were established including Dhaka College, Dhaka Medical School, Eden college, etc. The municipality of Dhaka was founded on August 1, 1864.
- The city has a tropical climate. The average annual temperature of the city is 26°c & it varies from 19°C in January and 29°C in May.
Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College - Quick Highlights
Have a look at the quick overview taken for Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College:
|Intake for MBBS Course
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission
|Annual Total fees
||INR 28 Lakhs
|Duration of MBBS Course
||5 years + 1-year internship
|Medium of Teaching
||Country Ranking - 79
World Ranking - 10795
||NMC & WHO approved
Why Study MBBS at Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College?
Given below are the benefits of studying at ‘Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College’ which you should be aware of:
- The college has affiliated university hospitals where students can pursue their internships.
- The university has experienced staff with world-recognized specialties.
- Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical college offers Scholarships to foreign students.
- The university organizes Guest lectures from the renowned teaching authority for students.
- The university conducts practice and training programs per semester for students.
- The university has a big library covering about 4000 sq. feet of an area with a capacity of 200 seats and it is air-conditioned.
- The library has a good collection of books, journals, research documents, dailies, magazines, etc.
- The university has a language laboratory for the purpose that students must be able to communicate in English and Bangla.
- The university has been approved by UGC Bangladesh and the ministry of education and also by WHO.
Accreditation and Recognition of Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College
Medical Degree from Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College is fully recognized by different medical bodies given below, such as:
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College - MBBS Fee Structure 2022
Following is the fees structure for Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College for MBBS:
|Fees in Indian Rupees
|Hostel Fees in Rupees
|Total Fees in Indian Rupees
- $1 = Rs.70
- Application, visa, flight tickets, etc. will be extra up to Rs.1,00,000/- (or more approximately).
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and can change as per the change in currency.
Eligibility Criteria Required for Applying for MBBS Course at Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College
Students must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to secure admission at this university:
- Applicant’s ages should be 17 to 25 years.
- Applicants must have to clear the NEET exam.
- Applicants must complete higher secondary education with a maximum percentile of 50% and a minimum percentile of 45% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics.
Admission Process for MBBS Course at Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College
Students must follow the below-mentioned steps to take Admission to Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College for doing MBBS:
- Step 1: Choose a medical university you want to take admission to.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form on Our Website.
- Step 3: Attach all the important documents required and submit them.
- Step 4: After reviewing your documents, the university will send you the admission/invitation letter.
- Step 5: Once the students receive invitation letters from universities, they need to pay the first-year tuition fee to confirm their admission.
- Step 6: Apply for a student visa with the invitation letter and payment receipt. Once completed all the procedures and received a student visa, you are all set to fly for your MBBS course.
Documents Required at Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College
The following documents must be submitted by students to the university at the admission time:
- Copy of passport
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- NEET report card
- Passport size photographs
Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College - MBBS Duration
Following is the MBBS Course duration at the Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College:
- The duration of the MBBS course at Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College is 5 years and students will have to complete an internship of 18 months which is mandatory for the students.
Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College - MBBS Syllabus
The syllabus for studying MBBS at Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College is given below:
|Phase and year
|First Phase_(1 and a half years)
|Second Phase(1 year)
||Internal Medicine, Psychiatry, Paediatrics, Dermatology, Venereal diseases, and Physical Medicine.
|Third Phase(1 year)
||Pharmacology & Therapeutic
||General Pathology, Systematic Pathology, Hematology, Clinical Pathology
||Bacteriology, Immunology, Parasitology, Mycology
|Fourth Phase(1 and a half years)
||Medicine and Allied Subjects
|Surgery and Allied Subjects
||General and Regional Surgery, Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Anaesthesiology, Radiology, Radiotherapy, Blood Transfusion, and Dentistry.
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology
||Neonatology & family planning
Medium of Teaching at Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College
Following is the medium of teaching at Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College:
- At this university, medicine courses are taught in the English language.
Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College - Ranking 2022
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country and world ranking for Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College:
Important Dates - Intake 2022
Students should take their admissions to Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College before the dates mentioned below. Check out the Important dates regarding admission at Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College:
|Application Start Date
||Within 1 Month
|Admission Start Date
Hostels at Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College
The university offers excellent hostel facilities to its students:
- The college has modernized hostel lodging.
- Separate hostels are allotted to boys and girls.
- Well-equipped hostel rooms are provided to students with an attached kitchen.
- A separate dining hall is available on the hostel premises. Several continental foods are available here.
- Apart from that, the cafeteria, TV rooms, and reading halls are provided for the sake of a student's comfortable stay.
Cost of living
The cost of living in ‘Dhaka city’ is as follows:
||Cost in USD
||Cost in INR
||Rs. 1800 to 12000
||Rs. 1000 to 3000
|Bed & Breakfast
||Rs. 1000 to 2000
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Indian Food Availability in Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College
- Indian students will get completely different varieties of healthy and hygienic Indian food from any medical university’s canteens like Gujarati, Punjabi, South Indian & many more.
- If Indian students want to eat Indian food in Bangladesh outside the university canteens, they can get Indian food very easily by exploring the beautiful country.
Vacations During MBBS in Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College
There are two long holidays at Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College:
Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College follows semester patterns for teaching. So there are two long holidays between semesters in a year.
- The first vacation is summer vacation which is for 2 months, July and August. The next semester will start on September 1st.
- The second vacation is a winter vacation that lasts for around a month. From 15th January to the first week of February.
Note: Students can plan their vacation or visit home in these two periods of time of the year.
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.
PG Options after Completing MBBS from Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College
Following are the PG options after MBBS course completion from Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College:
- Students can opt for a variety of options to pursue their PG courses after completing MBBS from Bangladesh medical universities.
- They can choose to do PG in Bangladesh followed by their MBBS.
- Another option for PG is in India. Students need to clear the NMC screening test and then they can choose from the Indian medical colleges for PG.
- If any student still wants to pursue the PG course abroad, then there are options too. They need to clear the respective screening tests of the countries they want.