About Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgia
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University was founded in 1918 and it is based in Tbilisi in Georgia. It is the oldest university in the Caucasus region as well as Georgia.
- Ivane Javakhishvili was the main founder of the university and he was a Georgian historian and academist.
- The university has five branches in the region of Georgia which includes six faculties including humanities, law, economics and business, medicine, and social and political sciences, a scientific library, seven museums, 60 scientific-research laboratories and centers, and a publishing house.
- With universities, educational and foreign scientific centers, like UNESCO, the University of Saarland in Germany, Brunel University in the United Kingdom as well as the Association of European Universities, and the Council of Europe, Tbilisi State University is associated.
About Tbilisi City
- The city ‘Tbilisi’ has been spread out on both banks of the Mtkvari River and it is surrounded on three sides by mountains. The city ‘Tbilisi’ has been spread out on both banks of the Mtkvari River and it is surrounded on three sides by mountains.
- Tbilisi is a political, economic, and cultural center of Georgia, which offers lots of fun for locals and tourists.
- Tbilisi city is the capital of Georgia.
- The city of Tbilisi experiences very warm summers and moderately cold winters.
- The official and most widely spoken language in Georgia is Georgian. Other common languages include Azerbaijani, Russian, English, Assyrian, Urum, and Svan among other languages.
- Tbilisi receives significant rainfall throughout the year like other regions of Georgia with no distinct dry period.
- Tbilisi city has ‘Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport’ which is Tbilisi's only international airport, located about 18 kilometers southeast of the city center.
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University - Quick Points
Take a look at some of the basic information about Ivane Javakshishivili Tbilisi State University:
|Last Date to Apply
||50% in PCB
||Yes, it is compulsory
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx)
||6 years including an internship
|Medium of Education
||Country Rank - 1
World Rank - 3128
||NMC, WHO, and WFME Approved
Why Study MBBS at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University?
The following are reasons for Indian students planning to pursue MBBS from Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University. A few of the major attractions are as mentioned below:
- MBBS degree from this university is recognized worldwide.
- The degree is taught in the English medium of instruction.
- The university offers the best education in medicine across the world.
- The university offers multiple specializations in the medical field.
- The university provides a facility to pursue several courses under a single roof.
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University is listed in WHO and NMC and thus it is recognized globally.
- The students who study MBBS at this university can take advantage of student exchange programs from Canada, the USA, Europe, and Australia.
- Hostels are available for students studying MBBS at this University.
Accreditation and Recognition of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University Works closely with the following organizations:
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University - MBBS Fee Structure 2022
Following is the structure for Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University's fees for MBBS:
|Fees in USD (approx)
|Fees in Indian Rupees (approx)
|Hostel & Food in Rupees (approx)
|Medical Insurance in Rupees (approx)
Note: 1$ = Rs.70
Eligibility Criteria at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Students with all the eligible documents and fulfilling all the following conditions can apply for the MBBS course at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University:
- All candidates should be at least 17 years old and they must have a valid passport.
- Students who have passed 10+2 with an aggregate of 50% marks in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and English can apply.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the 12th class if he/she is from SC/ST/OBC category.
- Students with English proficiency can study in Georgia as per European Regulations. Students must possess excellent skills in English writing and speaking.
Admission Process at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Taking admission for the MBBS course at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University is simple:
- Step 1: Choose a medical university you want to take admission to.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form on Our Website.
- Step 3: Attach all the important documents required and submit them.
- Step 4: After reviewing your documents, the university will send you the admission/invitation letter.
- Step 5: Once the students receive invitation letters from universities, they need to pay the first-year tuition fee to confirm their admission.
- Step 6: Apply for a student visa with the invitation letter and payment receipt. Once completed all the procedures and received a student visa, you are all set to fly for your MBBS course.
Documents Required at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Students are advised to have all the following documents ready before taking admission to the MBBS course. These documents are essential for taking admission to MBBS degree at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University:
- Copy of passport
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- NEET report card
- Passport size photographs
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University - MBBS Course Duration
The course duration at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University for the MBBS course is 6 years:
- The 6 years MBBS course is divided into theoretical and practical education while the last year is for the compulsory internship.
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University - MBBS Syllabus
Students pursuing MBBS from Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University undergo learning about these important subjects and syllabus:
||Anatomy & Histology
4th - 6th Year
|General Surgery, ENT, Neurology, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Gynecology, Emergency Medicine, Psychology, and Cardiology.
Medium of Teaching at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
The medium of teaching at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University for MBBS course is:
- At this university, medicine courses are taught in the English language.
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University - Ranking 2022
Refer to Uni rank for the country and world ranking of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University mentioned below:
Important Dates - Intake 2022
The following table explains the academic timetable and important dates of the admission process:
|Application Start Date
||Within 2 weeks
|Admission Start Date
|Last Date of Admission
Facilities Provided by Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
The Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University has 8 branches with 46 faculties, 3 scientific-research, and study-scientific institutes, 81 scientific-research laboratories, and centers:
- There are 161 study laboratories and rooms, publishing and editorial houses, clinical hospitals, and diagnostic centers.
- The university has a library with 3,650,000 items.
- It provides a hostel facility with 5 dormitories.
- The infrastructure of the university is improving every year.
- The university has purchased all the necessary and modern equipment in the last few years.
- The computer laboratories and classrooms of the university have been equipped with modern technologies.
- The classrooms are big and well-ventilated.
Hostel and Accommodation Facility in Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
The university provides comfortable and well-equipped accommodation for students:
- The new campus of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University accommodates 320 students.
- It unites three four-story residential buildings, as well as one administrative building, housing a resource room, conference room, medical center, laundry, library, cafe, computer room, and other infrastructure that will provide students with a comfortable environment.
- The campus has hotel-type rooms with two of them specifically designed for people with disabilities. The entire infrastructure of the campus has been adapted to the needs of people with disabilities.
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University has separate hostel facilities for boys and girls.
- The University provides all the basic facilities to students who stay at the university hostels.
Students' life at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University is explained below:
- The Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University has a student club.
- The center of student affairs promotes the arrangement of student clubs and encourages club activities and the realization of student initiatives. It organizes events to ensure effervescent student life.
- The Ivane Javakhishivili Tbilisi State University has a TSU Student self-government.
- To serve and represent the needs of students of Tbilisi State University in their pursuit of educational, activist, political, ideological, and humanitarian needs, is the mission of the TSU Student self-government.
- The self-government at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University currently manages the following departments and services: Tourism, Student Rights and Public Relations, Education and Science, Sport and Culture.
Cost of Living in Tbilisi
Tbilisi makes an excellent base for those who want to be in a European city but with a comparatively low budget without having to submit to the high prices of Western and Central Europe and that they can live very comfortably there on a much lower salary:
||200 - 350
||14,000 - 25,000
||40 - 45
||2800 - 3150
||10 - 15
||700 - 1050
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs
Indian Food Availability in Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- Indian students will get completely different varieties of healthy and hygienic Indian food from any medical university’s canteens like Gujarati, Punjabi, South Indian & many more.
- If Indian students want to eat Indian food in Georgia outside the university canteens, they can get Indian food very easily by exploring the beautiful country.
Vacations During MBBS in Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
There are two long holidays at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University :
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University follows semester patterns for teaching. So there are two long holidays between semesters in a year.
- The first vacation is summer vacation which is for 2 months, July and August. The next semester will start on September 1st.
- The second vacation is a winter vacation that lasts for around a month. From 15th January to the first week of February.
Note: Students can plan their vacation or visit home in these two periods of time of the year.
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.
PG Options after Completing MBBS from Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Following are the PG options after MBBS course completion from Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University :
- Students can opt for a variety of options to pursue their PG courses after completing MBBS from Georgian medical universities.
- They can choose to do PG in Georgia followed by their MBBS.
- Another option for PG is in India. Students need to clear the NMC screening test and then they can choose from the Indian medical colleges for PG.
- If any student still wants to pursue the PG course abroad, there are also options. They need to clear the respective screening tests of the countries they want.