About Kathmandu Medical College, Nepal
- Kathmandu Medical College is the premier medical institute in Nepal that provides quality services and medical care for foreign students who want to pursue MBBS in Nepal. The institute offers online services to students by acquiring the drastic teaching experience of the faculty.
- The institute has a teaching hospital that provides extensive training and internship programs for students. Students will get live training in handling patients during the study.
- Kathmandu Medical College is affiliated with Kathmandu University which enables undergraduates, postgraduates, and specialists to become qualified and trained professionals. Medical graduates from the institute are eligible to apply for California Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) to become certified specialists.
- The capital of Nepal, Kathmandu also named Kantipur lies on the banks of the Bagmati and Vishnumati rivers at an elevation of 4,345 feet above sea level. Today, the city has become the business and commercial center of Nepal through the efforts of Newar merchant families. In 1979, Kathmandu was noted for its vast historic and cultural importance and was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Kathmandu has a fairly temperate climate. The average summer temperature ranges from 26°C to 30°C and the lowest temperature in January is around -9.2°C. The temperature dropped during the rainfall is almost -4°C.
- Festivals at Kathmandu are celebrated by spreading cultural signs not only for local people but also for the foreign people who come to explore the culture of Nepal. Festivals include Shivratri and Mahendra Jatra bearing the image of God Mahendra.
Kathmandu Medical College - Quick Overview 2022
Refer to the table below for quick highlights about Kathmandu Medical College:
|Intake for MBBS Course
|Total Course Fees for 5.5 years
||Rs. 49.50 lakhs (approx)
|Duration of MBBS Course
||4.5 years (with 1-year rotational internship)
|Medium of Teaching
||Country - 2
World - 6455
|Recognition of University
||Nepal Medical Council & NMC
Why Study MBBS at Kathmandu Medical College?
Here are the salient features of Kathmandu Medical College:
- The language of instruction taught for the MBBS course is English. There will be no language barrier for the studying MBBS course at the institute.
- Indian students don’t need to have a visa to study medicine at Kathmandu Medical College.
- The institute has a huge library that contains a collection of textbooks, reference books, and research journals that guide medical students.
- Kathmandu Medical College organizes the student exchange program in affiliation with many countries like the USA, Japan, Sweden, Australia, etc.
- The institute is listed in the world directory of medical schools and follows the US standard of education.
Recognition & Accreditation of Kathmandu Medical College
Kathmandu Medical College is affiliated with Kathmandu University which is recognized by the National Medical Commission and listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools.
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
Kathmandu Medical College: MBBS Fee Structure 2022
The MBBS fees at Kathmandu Medical College can be paid in installments. The fee structure is as follows:
||Fees in INR
|At the Time of Admission
|Hostel Fees (Per Year)
|Total Fees in Installments
||INR 49,50,000 (approx)
Eligibility Criteria of Kathmandu Medical College
Follow the eligibility criteria required for applying for MBBS at Kathmandu Medical College:
- The candidate who has completed 17 years of age is eligible to apply for the MBBS program at Kathmandu Medical College.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 education or equivalent or Intermediate of Science(I.Sc) with subjects of physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as the main course subjects.
- Candidates should have an aggregate of 50% in the above-mentioned subjects.
- Candidates having a bachelor’s degree in B.Sc. and having completed 10+2 examinations from the recognized university and also secured 50% in the above-mentioned subjects are eligible to apply for the MBBS course at Kathmandu Medical College.
Note: If the students fail to enroll himself/herself in a specified time then the seats will be allotted to the next candidate who is on the waiting list.
Admission Process at Kathmandu Medical College
Kathmandu Medical College always believes to provide equal opportunity to students irrespective of their gender and origin:
- Students who have been sponsored by the Ministry of education will be enrolled in 10% of the total available seats.
- Local students or Nepali students need to apply for the Kathmandu University Medical Entrance Test (KUMET) held at Kathmandu University.
- The final selection will be conducted as per the interviews and performance in the entrance tests.
- For the foreign nationals, Kathmandu University Entrance Test for Foreign Nationals will be conducted, and as per the eligibility criteria and performance of the student, selections are carried out under the act of the institute.
How to Apply?
- Step 1: Choose a medical university you want to take admission to.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form on Our Website.
- Step 3: Attach all the important documents required and submit them.
- Step 4: After reviewing your documents, the university will send you the admission/invitation letter.
- Step 5: Once the students receive invitation letters from universities, they need to pay the first-year tuition fee to confirm their admission.
- Step 6: Once completed all the procedures you are all set to fly for your Dream MBBS course.
Documents Required at Kathmandu Medical College
Applicants need to submit a notarized copy of the following documents
- Copy of Mark Sheets
- Copy of original Passport
- NEET report card
- Birth certificate
- Passport-sized photographs
Kathmandu Medical College - MBBS Syllabus
The Kathmandu Medical College has the syllabus as prescribed by the Medical Council of Nepal:
The curriculum is mainly distributed in 3 aspects of subjects as follows:
-dermatology & venereal disease
-Surgery, anesthesiology, radiology, and dental)
-Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Kathmandu Medical College: FMGE Performance 2020
Find the passing percent and appeared students in the year 2020 for Kathmandu Medical College is here in the table below:
|Name of University
|Kathmandu Medical College
Kathmandu University - Ranking 2022
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country and world ranking for Kathmandu University is as follows:
Important Dates - Intake 2022
Following are the important academic dates of Kathmandu Medical College:
|Application Start Date
||Within 1 month
|Admission Start Date
Living Costs at Kathmandu
The expenses of living in Kathmandu city are:
||Approx Range in USD
||Approx Range in RS
|Accommodation (other than a hostel)
Note: 1$= Rs. 70 (for calculation purposes.)
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.
PG Options after Completing MBBS from Kathmandu Medical College
Following are the PG options after MBBS course completion from Kathmandu Medical College:
- Students can opt for a variety of options to pursue their PG courses after completing MBBS from Nepal medical universities.
- They can choose to do PG in Nepal followed by their MBBS.
- Another option for PG is in India. Students need to clear the NMC screening test and then they can choose from the Indian medical colleges for PG.
- If any student still wants to pursue the PG course abroad, then there are options too. They need to clear the respective screening tests of the countries they want.