About Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Nepal
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences is the first private institution in Nepal to offer an education of medicine program and it is also known as Manipal College of Medical Sciences which is affiliated with Kathmandu University, situated in Pokhara, Nepal, and established 31st December 1994.
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences is rated amongst the best medical universities in Nepal and an ideal center for learning medicine for worldwide medical aspirants.
- Hospital setups are provided on the university campus with all modern facilities for educational and health delivery purposes.
- The MBBS admissions to Manipal College of Medical Sciences are based on the merit of an entrance examination score. Kathmandu University/ Govt of Nepal conduct the offline test- Medical Entrance Test(MET) in Aug/Sep.
About Pokhara City
- Pokhara is the tourist capital of Nepal and the second-largest city situated on Phewa Lake in the central part of Nepal. This city has a base for many world-famous treks. The population of Pokhara city is 200,000
- The Pokhara city climate is warm and temperate with an average annual temperature of the city is 20.6 °C | 69.1 °F. And the rainfall of Pokhara is around 3474 mm | 136.8 inches per year.
Pokhara is must visit a place in Nepal, and the major tourist destinations of Pokhara are:
|International Mountain Museum
Manipal College of Medical Sciences: Quick Overview
Just go through the Quick highlights of the Manipal College of Medical Sciences and get to know more about the University:
|Intake for MBBS Course
|Tuition Fees of MBBS Course (approx)
||Rs. 11 Lacs/Year
|MBBS Course Duration
|Medium of Instruction
||Medical Entrance Test (MET) is required
||Country - 11
World - 1407
||NMC & WHO
Why Manipal College of Medical Sciences is the Best for Medicine Studies?
Now let’s walk down the advantages that allow worldwide medical aspirants to choose Manipal College of Medical Sciences:
- The Manipal College of Medical Sciences provides a modern university campus with all conveniences.
- The university offers state of art teaching aids and well-equipped laboratories for all students.
- The medical degree from Manipal College of Medical Sciences is highly recognized across the globe.
- The fee structure of Manipal College of Medical Sciences is affordable for worldwide students.
- Students will get different cultural exposure through the International environment of the university.
- The university involves innovative learning and graded teaching methods to increase students' interest and raise their self-confidence level.
- The university has highly dedicated staff members with a high degree of professionalism, commitment, and an ability to innovate and motivate the students during the teaching & learning process.
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences provides a well-developed system for the academic evaluation of individual students.
- Availability of co-curricular activities on the university campus.
- The university has hospital setups with state of art facilities for medical education and healthcare.
Manipal College of Medical Sciences - MBBS Fee Structure 2022
Manipal College of Medical Sciences offers a low fee structure to students to study MBBS at an affordable cost:
|Course fee in USD (approx)
|Course fee in Indian Rupees (approx)
|Hostel in Rupees (approx)
Note: 1 USD - INR70(approx)
Eligibility Criteria at Manipal College of Medical Sciences
Consider the following eligibility for selection in the MBBS program at Manipal College of Medical Sciences:
- The student must have qualified 10+2 in physics, chemistry, and biology subjects.
- The students coming under the general category must secure 50% in PCB
- For MBBS admission the Medical Entrance Test (MET) qualification is mandatory
- The student should have completed the age of 17 years or shall complete 17 years before 31st December of the admission year.
Admission Process at Manipal College of Medical Sciences
To study the MBBS course at Manipal College of Medical Sciences the students must follow the following admission process:
- Step 1: Choose a medical university you want to take admission to.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form on Our Website.
- Step 3: Attach all the important documents required and submit them.
- Step 4: After reviewing your documents, the university will send you the admission/invitation letter.
- Step 5: Once the students receive invitation letters from universities, they need to pay the first-year tuition fee to confirm their admission.
- Step 6: Apply for a student visa with the invitation letter and payment receipt. Once completed all the procedures and received a student visa, you are all set to fly for your MBBS course.
Documents Required at Manipal College of Medical Sciences
Following are the essential documents that must be submitted at the time of admission:
- Copy of passport
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- NEET report card
- Passport size photographs
Manipal College of Medical Sciences - MBBS Duration
To pursue an MBBS career at Manipal College of Medical Sciences the students must complete a 4.5-year duration:
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences offers 4 a half year of Medicine program in preclinical subjects and selected clinical subjects.
- The four half-year is divided into 9 semesters of 6 months each with the English medium of teaching.
- After completing the MBBS course at Manipal College of Medical Sciences, the students must undergo 1 year of mandatory Internship.
Manipal College of Medical Sciences - MBBS Syllabus
The Syllabus for Medicine program of Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Nepal:
||Anatomy & Histology
4th - 6th Year
|Neurology and Psychiatry
Manipal College of Medical Sciences - Ranking 2022
Manipal College of Medical Sciences: FMGE Performance 2021
Find the passing percent and appearing students in the year 2021 for Manipal College of Medical Sciences is here in the table below:
|Name of University
|Manipal College of Medical Sciences
Affiliations, Accreditations, and Recognitions
The medical degree from the Manipal College of Medical Sciences is fully accredited and recognized by several medical bodies:
- For taking admission to any university, one must be confirmed the affiliations, accreditations, and recognition of the specific university.
Manipal College of Medical Sciences is having following recognitions-
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
Hostel & Accommodation Facility at Manipal College of Medical Sciences
The hostel facility of Manipal College of Medical Sciences is fully residential and separate for both men and women:
- All Hostel rooms are on twin sharing basis.
- The room has furniture and other important amenities
- The hostel area is 24*7 and highly secured.
- Geyser is available for hot water.
- Students need to bring their bed linen.
- Blankets/quilts are provided in hostel rooms.
- Internet facility round the clock.
- Housekeeping service
- Electricity supply is provided in rooms
- 24* 7 water supply is Available
- Laundry outsource
- Hostel wardens keep an eye on students.
Living Costs in Pokhara
The living expense of the Pokhara city, Nepal is much cheaper than in other countries, and the table given below shows the living costs per month:
||Approx Range in USD
||Approx Range in RS
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs. (for calculation purpose.)
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.
PG Options after Completing MBBS from Manipal College of Medical Sciences
Following are the PG options after MBBS course completion from Manipal College of Medical Sciences :
- Students can opt for a variety of options to pursue their PG courses after completing MBBS from Nepal medical universities.
- They can choose to do PG in Nepal followed by their MBBS.
- Another option for PG is in India. Students need to clear the NMC screening test and then they can choose from the Indian medical colleges for PG.
- If any student still wants to pursue the PG course abroad, then there are options too. They need to clear the respective screening tests of the countries they want.