About Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Nepal
- Patan Academy of Health Sciences situated in Lalitpur was established in 2008. It is a public, not-for-profit institution of higher education. This is an autonomous institution.
- Patan Academy of Health Sciences is located in the Patan region of Nepal adjoining Kathmandu. It is a public college dedicated to the production of doctors who are ready to serve the needy people of the country. The academy is based at the major teaching hospital for the academy which is Patan Hospital.
About Lalitpur City
- Lalitpur is also called Patan, and it is also known as Mangal too.
- After Kathmandu and Pokhara, Lalitpur is the third-largest city in Nepal.
- It is a town in central Nepal, in the Kathmandu Valley about 3 miles (5 km) southeast of Kathmandu near the Bagmati River.
- Lalitpur is known particularly for its metalworkers, for its craftsmen, and wood-carvers.
- There are fine Buddhist temples in the city, including the Temple of Machindranath in Durbar Square.
- It is called the city of festivals and feasts, making metallic and stone carving statues, fine ancient art, etc.
- At the time of the 2011 Nepal census, the city had a population of 226,728.
- The climate of the city is characterized by relatively high temperatures and evenly distributed precipitation throughout the year.
- Languages like Nepali, Tamang, etc. are spoken in the city.
Patan Academy of Health Sciences - Quick Highlights
Given below is the table for quick highlights about the Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Nepal:
|Intake for MBBS Course
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission
||50% in PCB
||Yes, it is compulsory
||Country Rank - 7
World Rank - 8432
||5 years + 1 year of internship
|Medium of Education
Why Study MBBS at Patan Academy of Health Sciences?
Given below are the benefits of studying MBBS at the Patan Academy of Health Sciences:
- Patan Academy of Health Sciences has nice study rooms and laboratories.
- The library has nice study material, students can gather notes from periodicals, journals, and other study materials.
- The college provides a hostel, canteen, and sports facilities too.
- The university has international faculty members and they use innovative teaching methods.
- Students can get involved in international student exchange programs, as the university has many relationships with international medical institutions from around the world.
- The university has its hospital.
Accreditation and Recognition of Patan Academy of Health Sciences
Patan Academy of Health Sciences has the following Accreditation and Recognition:-
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
Patan Academy of Health Sciences - MBBS Fee Structure 2022
The fee structure for the Patan Academy of Health Sciences for the MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Tuition Fee (in Rupees)
|Hostel Fee (in Rupees)
|Insurance (in Rupees)
|Total Fee (in Rupees)
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Eligibility Criteria at Patan Academy of Health Sciences
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at the Patan Academy of Health Sciences are as follows:
- Students must have passed the 12th examination or equivalent qualifications recognized by the Universities/ Board of Nepal.
- Students must have English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) at their 10+2.
- They must have passed each subject with a minimum of 50% in PCB and English and also in aggregate.
- Students must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the year in which the admission is being taken.
Admission Process at Patan Academy of Health Sciences
Following is the complete admission process for applying to the MBBS course at Patan Academy of Health Sciences:
- Step 1: Choose a medical university you want to take admission to.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form on Our Website.
- Step 3: Attach all the important documents required and submit them.
- Step 4: After reviewing your documents, the university will send you the admission/invitation letter.
- Step 5: Once the students receive invitation letters from universities, they need to pay the first-year tuition fee to confirm their admission.
- Step 6: Apply for a student visa with the invitation letter and payment receipt. Once completed all the procedures and received a student visa, you are all set to fly for your MBBS course.
Required Documents at Patan Academy of Health Sciences
The following documents are required at the time of admission to the Patan Academy of Health Sciences:
- Copy of passport
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- NEET report card
- Passport size photographs
Patan Academy of Health Sciences - MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS at the Patan Academy of Health Sciences is as follows:
||Anatomy & Histology
||Genetics and principles of clinical medicine
|Obstetrics and Gynecology
|Family Health Internal Medicine
4th - 6th Year
|Neurology and Psychiatry
Patan Academy of Health Sciences: FMGE Performance 2020
Find the passing percent and appearing students in the year 2020 for Patan Academy of Health Sciences is here in the table below:
|Name of University
|Patan Academy of Health Sciences
Patan Academy of Health Sciences - Ranking 2022
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country and world ranking for the Patan Academy of Health Sciences:
Hostel & Accommodation at Patan Academy of Health Sciences
Below given are the hostel facilities at the Patan Academy of Health Sciences:
- The Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Nepal, provides students with a hostel facility.
- There are separate hostels for girls and boys with mess and canteen facilities that provide hygienic food, a sufficient number of beds, cupboards, chairs, and other facilities.
- The hostel also provides facilities such as a sports complex, a playground, a cultural activity center, etc. which makes the hostel of Patan Academy of Health Sciences equivalent to the international quality standard.
- The facilities such as ATMs, airports, bus stands, railway stations, etc. are also nearby to the hostel. So, it becomes feasible for the students to travel to and from the college area.
Student Life at Patan Academy of Health Sciences
Following is the life of students at Patan Academy of Health Sciences:
- At this university, there are super-specialized, digitalized, laboratories.
- Students can also carry out investigations in Biochemistry, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Microbiology, etc. in operation theatres.
- There are also well-equipped, digitized laboratories for investigations using CT scans, MRI, X-Ray machines, Ultrasonography, etc.
- Students have amenities like well-equipped museums, auditoriums, spacious lecture halls, etc.
- The college has a completely well-equipped central library for enriching knowledge and finding reference materials.
- Demonstration room, dissection hall, modernized computer labs, internet connectivity, etc. facilities for students.
Cost of Living at Lalitpur
The cost of living in Lalitpur city is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)
||Ranges between Rs.42 - Rs.504
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)
||Rs.1500 - Rs.1600
|One-way ticket of any local transport
||Rs.12 - 14
|A monthly pass for local transport
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment
||Cost between Rs.5,700 - Rs.10,400
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.
PG Options after Completing MBBS from Patan Academy of Health Sciences
Following are the PG options after MBBS course completion from the Patan Academy of Health Sciences:
- Students can opt for a variety of options to pursue their PG courses after completing MBBS from Nepal medical universities.
- They can choose to do PG in Nepal followed by their MBBS.
- Another option for PG is in India. Students need to clear the NMC screening test and then they can choose from the Indian medical colleges for PG.
- If any student still wants to pursue the PG course abroad, then there are options too. They need to clear the respective screening tests of the countries they want.