About Semey State Medical University, Kazakhstan
- This university was founded in 1952. It is now known as ‘Semey State Medical University. It is considered one of the best medical universities in Kazakhstan. Previously, the university was known as ‘Semipalatinsk State Medical institute’, but after about 40 years,, the university’s name was changed to Semey State Medical University.
- The first faculty at the university was the medicine faculty which started in the year 1953. The university introduced more faculties gradually including Pediatrics which started in 1963, Stomatology faculty which started in 1991, Medico Prophylactic, Pharmaceutical faculty,, and general medicine faculty started in 2003.
- Currently,, 3500 students are studying at the university. Today there are 450 teachers at the university.
- Students can gain some practical experience and can do their internships at the university’s many affiliated hospitals where mentors and doctors working there can guide the students.
About Semipalatinsk City
Know detailed information about Semey city, Kazakhstan
- Semey formerly known as 'Semipalatins', is the second-largest city in East Kazakhstan in the Western region and it is located on the banks of the Irtysh river. It covers an area of 27,500 km which includes rural districts also.
- This city has an important railway junction joining Russia and Southern Kazakhstan. Semey city has an airport and also a river port.
- Semey city has lots of tourist attractions which students can visit in their free time.
- Semey city experiences extreme temperatures both in winter and summer due to the high amplitude of annual and daily temperatures. It can go up to -45 degrees in Winter and till +45 degrees in Summer.
Semey State Medical University: Quick Highlights 2022
The students should check out the important facts mentioned below in the table:
|Intake for MBBS Course
||10+2 with 50%
|NEET Entrance Test
||Yes, it is compulsory
|Annual Tuition Fees
||5 + 1 year internship
|Medium of Education
||Country - 15
World - 6008
||NMC and WHO
Why Study MBBS at Semey State Medical University
Selecting Semey State Medical University for pursuing an MBBS career can offer several benefits to global students:
- The university is recognized by WHO and NMC.
- The university has a very low fee structure for MBBS study and the cost of living is also very low.
- The course is taught in the English language completely.
- The emphasis is given to practical knowledge than just theoretical study.
- There is a moderate climate in Semipalatinsk for the whole year.
- Students can get permanent residency and they can plan to settle in Kazakhstan after completing their degree from Kazakhstan.
- The faculties at this university are the best faculties and thus the quality of education is the best.
- At Semey or Semey State Medical University, good hostel and mess facilities are available for students.
Accreditation and Recognition of Semey State Medical University
The Semey State Medical University has been accredited as well as recognized by:
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
Semey State Medical University: MBBS Fee Structure
Semey State Medical University is considered to be the best medical institute to fulfill the MBBS degree dreams of students at low cost:
||Year - 1
||Year - 2
||Year - 3
||Year - 4
||Year - 5
|Total Fees in USD
|Total Fees in Rs
Note: 1 USD = Rs. 71 (approx)
Eligibility Criteria at Semey State Medical University
The applicants must fit into the eligibility criteria to be eligible for MBBS admission at the university:
- The candidates must have a minimum age of 17 years or before 31st December of the admission year.
- Applicants must acquire at least 50% of their scores in all subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Reserved category students require an aggregate of 45% and others require 50% in PCB Subjects.
- The student must have cleared the NEET exam to study at Semey State Medical University.
- The applicant must carry a valid passport copy for MBBS admission.
Admission Process at Semey State Medical University
Applicants must complete the following admission process to take admission to the medicine program at Semey State Medical University:
- Step 1: Choose a medical university you want to take admission to.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form on Our Website.
- Step 3: Attach all the important documents required and submit them.
- Step 4: After reviewing your documents, the university will send you the admission/invitation letter.
- Step 5: Once the students receive invitation letters from universities, they need to pay the first-year tuition fee to confirm their admission.
- Step 6: Apply for a student visa with the invitation letter and payment receipt. Once completed all the procedures and received a student visa, you are all set to fly for your MBBS course.
Documents Required at Semey State Medical University
Below mentioned are the necessary conditions and documents required to take admission to Semey State Medical University:
- Copy of passport
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- NEET report card
- Passport size photographs
Semey State Medical University: MBBS Duration
Semey State Medical University offers 5 years of medicine program:
- The duration of the entire MBBS course is 5 years at Semey State Medical University.
Semey State Medical University: MBBS Syllabus
MBBS syllabus is well-organized at Semey State Medical University, the students must go through the curriculum mentioned below:
||Anatomy & Histology
4th - 6th Year
|7th - 12th Semester
|Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings
Semey State Medical University: Ranking 2022
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country & world ranking for Semey State Medical University:
Medium of Teaching
Semey State Medical University offers medical education in English, Kazakh, and Rusian language:
- The entire MBBS course duration at Semey State Medical University is 5 years and the students coming across the globe opting for MBBS are taught in English by highly qualified and renowned faculty members who always welcome students to ask doubts in education.
Important Dates: Intake 2022
Stay updated with the important dates regarding MBBS admissions at Semey State Medical University:
|Application Start Date
||Within 2 weeks
|Admission Start Date
|Last Date of Admission Form
Semey State Medical University: FMGE Performance 2020
Find the passing percent and appeared students in the year 2020 for Semey State Medical University is here in the table below:
|Name of University
|Semey State Medical University
Hostel & Accommodation at Semey State Medical University
The comfortable living of students is facilitated at hostels provided by Semey State Medical University at the campus:
- The hostel building is located within 200 m of the university campus, the student can reach the university within 15 minutes.
- The hostel is a 5-floor building that provides a common space, laundry, and a sports arena.
- The students coming from various nationalities generate a conducive environment in the hostel.
- Hostels have CCTV cameras provided for the full security of the students.
- Semey State Medical University has well-furnished and convenient hostel rooms.
- Hostels provide many facilities like 24-hour gas and electricity supply, hot and cold water, etc.
- The hostel has a spacious library with various collections of books for research and study purposes.
- The cafeteria provides tasty and healthy food at the hotel.
- The university also encourages sports activities like basketball, volleyball, cricket, football, etc. at the hostel campuses for students.
- Institute has separate hostels for girls and boys.
- Semey State Medical University has special attention to the security of girls.
- The mess menu is fixed for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Hostel rooms are well equipped with all the basic facilities -
- Availability of emergency doctors and Indian wardens round the clock.
- Hostel rooms are hygienic as the cleaning services are provided from time to time.
- Hostel rooms have twin sharing with attached washrooms.
- Indian food is available on the hostel premises.
- The high-speed internet will be there round the clock.
- Nearby grocery shops, cafes, and sports clubs are available.
- A centralized heating system is provided in hostel rooms.
Student's Life at Semey State Medical University
The university offers a student life tailored to your tastes, easy to immerse in exciting opportunities and experiences:
- The university provides a conducive environment to the students for a better MBBS education.
- The students are also encouraged to actively participate in other extracurricular activities like debates, science forums, sports activities, and art performances along with MBBS studies.
- The students can also participate in seminars, conferences, presentations, and group discussions held at the air-conditioned auditorium of the university.
- The university also organizes guest lectures and the students gather new information from knowledgeable and renowned professors.
Living Cost of Semey
The living expenses of the Semey region in Kazakhstan are given below in the table to help the students willing to learn MBBS at this university, check out the month based cost of food and hostel:
||Approx Range in USD
||Approx Range in RS
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Indian Food Availability at Semey State Medical University
- Indian students will get completely different varieties of healthy and hygienic Indian food from any medical university’s canteens like Gujarati, Punjabi, South Indian & many more.
- If Indian students want to eat Indian food in Kazakhstan outside the university canteens, they can get Indian food very easily by exploring the beautiful country.
Vacations During MBBS in Semey State Medical University
There are two long holidays at Semey State Medical University:
Semey State Medical University follows semester patterns for teaching. So there are two long holidays between semesters in a year.
- The first vacation is summer vacation which is for 2 months, July and August. The next semester will start on September 1st.
- The second vacation is a winter vacation that lasts for around a month. From 15th January to the first week of February.
Note: Students can plan their vacation or visit home in these two periods of time of the year.
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.
PG Options after Completing MBBS from Crimean Federal University
Following are the PG options after MBBS course completion from Semey State Medical University:
- Students can opt for a variety of options to pursue their PG courses after completing MBBS from Kazakhstan medical universities.
- They can choose to do PG in Kazakhstan followed by their MBBS.
- Another option for PG is in India. Students need to clear the NMC screening test and then they can choose from the Indian medical colleges for PG.
- If any student still wants to pursue the PG course abroad, there are also options. They need to clear the respective screening tests of the countries they want.