About Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia
- Established in 2002, the Tbilisi Open Teaching University (TOU) is a Georgian Semi-Private research university. This University is located in Tbilisi.
- To study the MD program, Tbilisi Open Teaching University is one of the best medical colleges in Georgia. To build a notable educational center in Georgia and to ensure the implementation of international education standards in teaching and research, TOU always takes effort.
- TOU has highly qualified professors and the best infrastructure and it provides modern academic programs, and thus TOU can offer an excellent educational and research environment to its students.
About Tbilisi City
Tbilisi is the capital of Georgia and it is the largest city in Georgia. Earlier known as Tiflis, Tbilisi is situated on the banks of the Kura River. Tbilisi city has a population of approximately 1.5 million people. People of multiple cultural, ethnic, and religious backgrounds live in the city. The city of Tbilisi has a humid subtropical climate with considerable continental influences. The city experiences moderately cold winters and warm summers. Tbilisi city receives significant rainfall throughout the year. The average annual temperature in the city of Tbilisi is around 13.5 C.
Tbilisi Open Teaching University - Quick Highlights
Refer to the below course highlights for studying MBBS at Tbilisi Open Teaching University:
|Last Date to Apply
||60% of PCB
||Yes, it is compulsory
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx.)
|Medium of Education
||Country Rank - 41
World Rank - 11323
||NMC, WHO & FAIMER Approved
Benefits of Studying at Tbilisi Open Teaching University
Medical education at Tbilisi Open Teaching University is highly effective and internationally recognized. The benefits of pursuing an MD/MBBS education at a University are:
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University is one of the fastest-growing universities in Georgia.
- Students studying here can enjoy a diverse student-centered environment and top-quality education.
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University is listed in the National Medical Commission (NMC), WHO, and thus it is recognized globally.
- Students can take advantage of student exchange programs in the USA, Europe, Canada, and Australia.
- The duration of the MBBS program at Tbilisi Open Teaching University is only 5 years.
- The language of instruction is compulsory English.
- Separate hostels are available for boys and girls with the facility of Indian mess.
- The university also gives preparatory coaching for the NMC test.
- The fee structure and the cost of living at the Tbilisi Open Teaching University is the most affordable.
Accreditation & Recognitions of Tbilisi Open Teaching University
Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia has received a 5-year of accreditation from the Ministry of Science and Education Georgia, since 2013:
The university is accredited & recognized by,
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
Tbilisi Open Teaching University - MBBS Fee Structure 2022
Tbilisi Open Teaching University offers world-class medical education at affordable prices. Here, we have given the detailed fee structure of the MBBS course for the annual year:
|Fee in USD (approx)
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)
|Hostel & Food in Rupees (approx)
|Medical Insurance in Rupees (approx) (approx)
- 1$= Rs.70
- Other overhead one-time expenses (Registration charges etc.) can be extra up to Rs.70,000/- (approximately).
Eligibility Criteria at Tbilisi Open Teaching University
Below are the admission prerequisites for studying the MBBS course at Tbilisi Open Teaching University:
- The candidate must be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date on which the admission is being taken.
- The candidate should be a high-school graduate or he/she must hold an equivalent degree in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 60% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2 and 40% if the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC
- The applicant must clear the NEET exam as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to clear both IELTS and TOEFL exams
Admission Process in Tbilisi Open Teaching University
MBBS Admissions at Tbilisi Open Teaching University are completely on a merit basis:
- Step 1: Choose a medical university you want to take admission to.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form on Our Website.
- Step 3: Attach all the important documents required and submit them.
- Step 4: After reviewing your documents, the university will send you the admission/invitation letter.
- Step 5: Once the students receive invitation letters from universities, they need to pay the first-year tuition fee to confirm their admission.
- Step 6: Apply for a student visa with the invitation letter and payment receipt. Once completed all the procedures and received a student visa, you are all set to fly for your MBBS course.
Documents Required in Tbilisi Open Teaching University
Refer to the below documents checklists for applying for MBBS course at Tbilisi Open Teaching University:
- Copy of passport
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- NEET report card
- Passport size photographs
Tbilisi Open Teaching University - MBBS Duration
The 6-year medicine program at Tbilisi Open Teaching University consists of 20 weeks each semester:
- MBBS program at Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia lasts for a period of 6 years. The university has 360 credits in teaching out of which 60 credits are divided per year. After completing the 6 years of the medical course, students can apply for the USMLE exam to practice abroad.
- 6 years of the degree are dedicated to the paramedical & premedical phase while the last year consists of 1 year internship in affiliated hospitals.
Tbilisi Open Teaching University - MBBS Syllabus
Tbilisi Open Teaching University has an internationally recognized curriculum for the MBBS course:
||Histology and Anatomy
Fourth & Fifth Year
|General Surgery, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Gynecology, ENT, Neurology, Emergency Medicine, Psychology, and Cardiology.
Tbilisi Open Teaching University - Ranking 2022
As per the uniRank ranking system, the Tbilisi Open Teaching University has an annual enrollment range of up to 2500- 5000 students for the medical course:
Medium of Teaching at Tbilisi Open Teaching University
Unified medical exams at Tbilisi Open Teaching University are conducted in English language:
- English is the commonly taught language at Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia.
- The university offers an excellent learning environment right from visual learning to program development. With an excellent study environment, international students will get exposure to drive the value of their education.
- Students pursuing an MBBS at Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia will get a globally recognized degree as a "Medical Doctor".
- The open teaching facility of the institute includes 18 bachelor’s, Masters & doctoral programs in Georgian & English languages.
Important Dates - Intake 2022
Theoretical and practical sessions at Tbilisi Open Teaching University are expected to start in the month of September with a limited number of intakes for the international students:
|Application Start Date
||Within 2 weeks
|Admission Start Date
|Last Date of Admission
Facilities Provided by Tbilisi Open Teaching University
Below is the exposure & facilities provided to UG & PG students at Tbilisi Open Teaching University:
- The University has science labs.
- United Nations Organization (UN)
- The university provides subject-specific classrooms to its students that are equipped with the latest teaching technology.
- The university has student workspaces, conference rooms, and simulation labs.
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University consists of a library of the highest standards with access to the high-impact publications that give students and faculty access to any kind of literature they wish both on and off-campus.
- At Tbilisi Open Teaching University, there are various Student Clubs that offer anything from sports to literature and numerous ongoing events and activities.
- The University has state of a art dental clinic and an affiliated hospital.
- The university also provides a 24-hour Wi-Fi facility to its students.
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University has an auditorium and a cafeteria.
- Sports and gym facilities are also provided to the students.
Hostel/Accommodation - Tbilisi Open Teaching University
Hostel & Accommodation at Tbilisi Open Teaching University are provided on a first come first serve basis:
- A separate hostel accommodation facility is provided for boys and girls at Tbilisi Open Teaching University.
- All the Indian and International Students studying MBBS at Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia can enjoy both veg and non-veg food at the Indian mess available at the university campus.
- To take care of the Indian students, an Indian warden is specifically employed.
- A 24-hour wi-fi facility is available for students.
Student's Life at Tbilisi Open Teaching University
Life of students at Tbilisi Open Teaching University has a wonderful experience with a great learning piece of baggage:
- Once students join Tbilisi Open Teaching University, they become part of a strong residential community based on student self-governance, an experience that builds knowledge, character, and independence.
- In self-governance, students get specific freedom to develop their talents
- This self-governance prepares students for global citizenship and in turn, this makes the TOU undergraduate experience unique.
- The University also provides support and guidance to its students at the same time.
- Students can choose to join any one of the students’ clubs or events organized by the University.
- TOU has a Literature Club that provides opportunities for students to share their writing, discuss literary works and books and attend various events related to literature and creative writing.
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University also has a Discussion club that gives an opportunity for students to master their speech and check their ability to present in front of a big audience.
- TOU has a sports club. It is open to all TOU students and has Football, Volleyball, and Basketball teams that compete at all levels including local, regional, and national levels.
Cost of Living in Tbilisi
Living cost in Tbilisi, Georgia has been listed below:
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)
||Rs. 1400 - Rs. 1500
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)
||Ranges between Rs.20 - Rs.415
|One way ticket of any local transport
||Rs.13 to Rs.15
|A monthly pass for local transport
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment
||Cost between Rs. 14,000 - Rs. 25,000
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Indian Food Availability in Tbilisi Open Teaching University
- Indian students will get completely different varieties of healthy and hygienic Indian food from any medical university’s canteens like Gujarati, Punjabi, South Indian & many more.
- If Indian students want to eat Indian food in Georgia outside the university canteens, they can get Indian food very easily by exploring the beautiful country.
Vacations During MBBS in Tbilisi Open Teaching University
There are two long holidays at Tbilisi Open Teaching University:
Tbilisi Open Teaching University follows semester patterns for teaching. So there are two long holidays between semesters in a year.
- The first vacation is summer vacation which is for 2 months, July and August. The next semester will start on September 1st.
- The second vacation is a winter vacation that lasts for around a month. From 15th January to the first week of February.
Note: Students can plan their vacation or visit home in these two periods of time of the year.
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware about availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.
PG Options after Completing MBBS from Tbilisi Open Teaching University
Following are the PG options after MBBS course completion from Tbilisi Open Teaching University:
- Students can opt for a variety of options to pursue their PG courses after completing MBBS from Georgian medical universities.
- They can choose to do PG in Georgia followed by their MBBS.
- Another option for PG is in India. Students need to clear the NMC screening test and then they can choose from the Indian medical colleges for PG.
- If any student still wants to pursue the PG course abroad, then there are options too. They need to clear the respective screening tests of the countries they want.