About Tbilisi State Medical University, Georgia
- The Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) is the medical school that leads Georgia and is one of the academic and scientific leaders throughout the Caucasus region, based in the institutions in the early twentieth century.
- Tbilisi University was reorganized on June 10, 1930, and Tbilisi State Medical Institute was established. The history of the highest medical education in Georgia represents about 100 years, and in fact, this is the history of the order of doctors.
- Tbilisi State University Medical School (1917-1970), Tbilisi State Medical Institute (1933-1991), and Tbilisi State Medical University (1992 - to date) - are considered stages of institution development unique training, traditional and powerful superior, undivided organism: Tbilisi State Medical University.
- Today, TSMU is considered the most successful medical school in Georgia, where more than 7,000 undergraduate and master's, and doctoral programs receive education, including 2,000 students from 43 countries around the world. Over 1,000 doctors and dentists (dentists) participate in residency programs and post-graduate training.
About Tbilisi City
- Georgia is an independent state in the Caucasus region of Eurasia.
- Located at the intersection of western Asia and Eastern Europe, it borders the Black Sea to the west, to the north by Russia, to the south by Turkey and Armenia, and to the southeast by Azerbaijan.
- The capital of Georgia is Tbilisi.
- Georgia covers a region of 69,700 square km (26,911 sq mi), and its population is almost 4 million.
- Georgia is a unitary, semi-presidential republic, with the government elected through representative democracy.
- The climate of Georgia is kind of numerous considering however little the country is it's the bigger Caucasus range that is prime is dominant the climate, protecting the country from chilling winds from the north, whereas the Lesser mountain chain is practical within the interference of the flow of hot air from the south.
Tbilisi State Medical University - Important Highlights 2022
The worldwide students must check out some major overview of Tbilisi State Medical University:
|Intake for MBBS Course
||50% in PCB
|NEET Entrance Test
||Yes, it is compulsory
||Rs. 6.93 Lakhs/Year
||6 years including an internship
|Medium of Teaching
||English & Georgian
||Country Rank - 9
World Rank - 7562
||NMC, WHO & UNESCO approved
Why Study MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University?
Following are the benefits of studying medicine at Tbilisi State Medical University:
- The academic quality of learning, teaching, and research
- Professional development of academic staff and students
- Protection of social responsibility principles
- Effectiveness and transparency of governing bodies
- Academic freedom of teaching and research
- Internationalization of academic, professional, and research cooperation
- Development of traditions of educational, research, and professional performance
- Respect for human rights and freedoms
Accreditation and Recognition of Tbilisi State Medical University
Tbilisi State Medical University is accredited & recognized by:
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
Fee Structure of Tbilisi State Medical University
Tbilisi State Medical University offers quite an affordable fee structure to the students for MBBS education:
|Fee in USD (approx)
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)
|Hostel & Food in Rupees (approx)
Note: 1$ = Rs.70 (approx.)
What are the Eligibility Criteria for MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University?
The admission prerequisites required for applying for MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University:
- The applicant's age should be a maximum of up to 25 years.
- The applicant must be 10+2 passed from a recognized degree.
- NEET is an obligatory exam for applying for MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University.
- Applicants having a degree relevant to the field of science are also eligible to apply.
- IELTS & TOEFL is required to be cleared by the applicants for proving proficiency in the English language.
How can I Get Admission to Tbilisi State Medical University?
Students who wish to take admitted to Tbilisi State Medical University need to follow the simple admission procedure:
- Step 1: Choose a medical university you want to take admission to.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form on Our Website.
- Step 3: Attach all the important documents required and submit them.
- Step 4: After reviewing your documents, the university will send you the admission/invitation letter.
- Step 5: Once the students receive invitation letters from universities, they need to pay the first-year tuition fee to confirm their admission.
- Step 6: Apply for a student visa with the invitation letter and payment receipt. Once completed all the procedures and received a student visa, you are all set to fly for your MBBS course.
What Documents are Required to Study MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University?
Below are documented checklists for the MBBS course at Tbilisi State Medical University:
- Copy of passport
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- NEET report card
- Passport size photographs
What is the duration of the MBBS Course at Tbilisi State Medical University?
The course duration required for studying medicine at Tbilisi State Medical University has been given below:
- MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University lasts for 6 years including a 1-year internship.
What is the Syllabus for MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University?
Refer to the syllabus of Tbilisi State Medical University for a given MBBS course:
|Cytology, Emiology, Histology I
||Medical Microbiology II
|Foreign Language I
||Public Health & Health Mgmt
Communication in medicine
|Foreign Language II
|Cytology, Embryology, Histology II
|Molecular Biology and Genetics
|Clinical Clerkship I
||Internal Medicine I
|Propaedeutic of internal medicine
||Internal Medi II
||Infectious diseases I
|Bioethics & Deontology
||Infectious diseases I
||Syndrome based & differential diagnosis
||Medical Surgery IV
|Emergency Medicine I
||Dentistry and facial surgery
|Clinical Clerkship II
|Infectious Diseases II
|Traumatology and Orthopedics
Tbilisi State Medical University Ranking 2022
As per the uniRank system, the country and world ranking of Tbilisi State Medical University is:
Medium of Teaching at Tbilisi State Medical University
There is no language barrier for the students who want to pursue medicine at Tbilisi State Medical University:
- Tbilisi State Medical University is the leading medical university in Georgia & has completed 85 years of education in medicine.
- The university offers a 6-year MD course for UG students in the English language.
- Students can also undertake a Georgian language course for exploring the bilingual culture of Georgia.
Tbilisi State Medical University - Academic Calendar 2022
Program intake for the MBBS course at Tbilisi State Medical University may start in September/February:
|Application Start Date
||Within 2 weeks
|Admission Start Date
|Last Date of Admission
Departments at Tbilisi State Medical University
||Internal Medicine # 1
|Internal Medicine # 3
||Internal Medicine Propaedeutics
||Epidemiology and Biostatistics
||Experimental and Preclinical Anatomy
|Dermatology and Venereal Diseases
||Clinical Skills and Multidisciplinary Simulation
|Spa and Physiotherapy
||Obstetrics and Gynecology
||Molecular and Medical Genetics
|Periodontal and Oral Mucosal Diseases
||Oral Surgery and Implantology
||Medical Biology and Parasitology
|Medical Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine
||Forensic MedicineSocial and Clinical Pharmacy
||Clinical Anatomy and Surgical Surgery
|Traumatology Department of Orthopedics
||Pharmacognosy and Botany
||Department of Pharmacology
|Pharmaceutical and Toxicological Chemistry
||Physics, Biophysics, Biomechanics, and Information Technology
||Georgian Language Center
||Department of Interventional Radiology
|Nutrition and Age Medicine
||Public Health, Management, Policy, and Economics
||Medical History and Bioethics
|Clinical Orthopedic Dentistry
||Allergology and Clinical Immunology
||Therapeutic Dentistry for Children and Adolescents
|Pediatrics and Adolescents
Library Facility at Tbilisi State Medical University
- Tbilisi State Medical University has a very huge library.
- Tamar Khakhutashvili is the Director of the library.
- There are different departments at the library such as the Bibliography department in the field of foreign literature, the Processing-staffing department with bookcases, the Service department, the Department of Postgraduate Studies, and the Electronic Resources Department.
- At the library, there is free access to the reading rooms of the foreign literature sector, which makes it easier for the user to find the book he needs.
- Students need to take a student ticket to access the Reading rooms. Students can not issue books from reading halls to home.
- The library has scientific journals, textbooks, magazines, etc.
- There is a system of electronic registration at the library.
- There is the main hall on the second floor of the library.
- The main hall is designed for 180 jobs, where scientific periodicals and textbooks are located.
- There is a separate computer room at the library.
- There is 24x7 internet support at the library for personal laptops, various tablets, and mobile phones.
Scientific Skills Center at Tbilisi State Medical University
- Tbilisi State Medical University has a Center for Scientific Skills that are involved in the core curriculum of the faculties of Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Dentistry, and Pharmacy.
- From the competencies of basic medical education of the countries participating in the Bologna Process, the activities and functions of the Scientific Skills Center are derived.
The main goals of the scientific skills center are as follows:
- To enable the student to apply the methods and knowledge of biomedicine in medical practice and research, to the scientific principles, based on which the student can adequately assess the capabilities of group members.
- Also, the skills of obtaining information from various sources, processing it, its critical evaluation, and continuous updating of knowledge.
- The student will develop international bioethics of experimental animal protection (according to the international provisions of Helsinki), and the skills to study and possess ethical and legal principles in the context of medicine.
Hostel and Accommodation at Tbilisi State Medical University
No hostel facilities are available at the Tbilisi State Medical University:
- Tbilisi State Medical University does not offer any on-campus accommodation to international students.
- Students need to opt for off-campus accommodation that costs around 300-500 USD per month.
Student's Life at Tbilisi State Medical University
Students' life at Tbilisi State Medical University is a wonderful experience with a rewarding growth opportunity:
- At Tbilisi State Medical University, the university encourages students to participate in extracurricular activities and enhance their career exposure, and accomplish their lifelong personality.
- The university has many organizations, clubs, and sports centers that offer student exchange programs and international projects.
- The university relishes the experience of students while pursuing the course of medicine at Georgia. Students will get a rewarding experience to earn and gain excellent potential for life.
Tbilisi Stаtе Mеdісаl Unіvеrsіtу - FMGE Performance 2021
Tbilisi Stаtе Mеdісаl Unіvеrsіtу gives one of the best FMGE results in passing percentage. Here is the FMGE 2021 passing percent for the same:
|Name of University
|Тbіsіlі Stаtе Mеdісаl Unіvеrsіtу
Exchange Programs at Tbilisi State Medical University
The Tbilisi State Medical University organizes the exchange programs implemented & funded by the European Government within the framework of Erasmus+ activity KA 107:
Erasmus+ program performed within:
- At all levels of education: UG, PG, and Doctoral Levels
- Mobility of Administrative Staff
The purpose of the activity is to promote the professional development of students & staff. Within the framework of the Erasmus+ program, the university has signed bilateral exchanges in association with the European Universities of Austria, Bulgaria, Belgium, Germany, Great Britain, Spain, Turkey, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Portugal, etc.
Cost of Living in Tbilisi, Georgia
Below is the living cost of Tbilisi, Georgia:
||Cost in INR
||Cost in USD
||20,000 - 22,000
||286 - 314
||5000 - 8000
||71 - 114
||800 - 1500
||11 - 21
Note: 1$ = Rs. 70
Indian Food Availability in Tbilisi State Medical University
- Indian students will get completely different varieties of healthy and hygienic Indian food from any medical university’s canteens like Gujarati, Punjabi, South Indian & many more.
- If Indian students want to eat Indian food in Georgia outside the university canteens, they can get Indian food very easily by exploring the beautiful country.
Vacations During MBBS in Tbilisi State Medical University
There are two long holidays at Tbilisi State Medical University:
Tbilisi State Medical University follows semester patterns for teaching. So there are two long holidays between semesters in a year.
- The first vacation is summer vacation which is for 2 months, July and August. The next semester will start on September 1st.
- The second vacation is a winter vacation that lasts for around a month. From 15th January to the first week of February.
Note: Students can plan their vacation or visit home in these two periods of time of the year.
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.
PG Options after Completing MBBS from Tbilisi State Medical University
Following are the PG options after MBBS course completion from Tbilisi State Medical University:
- Students can opt for a variety of options to pursue their PG courses after completing MBBS from Georgian medical universities.
- They can choose to do PG in Georgia followed by their MBBS.
- Another option for PG is in India. Students need to clear the NMC screening test and then they can choose from the Indian medical colleges for PG.
- If any student still wants to pursue the PG course abroad, then there are options too. They need to clear the respective screening tests of the countries they want.