The admissions for MBBS in Russia for Indian Students start in September. The eligibility criteria are at least 50% aggregate marks in 10|+2 in PCB subjects. Some universities/colleges also accept NEET scores.
Russia has over 57 medical universities that combine high-quality education with low costs and thus, has become the most sought-after country for studying MBBS in abroad.
After the quality of education, the most important factor that students worry about when it comes to studying abroad is safety. Unlike what the rumour says, Russia is quite safe for international students. There are about 14000 Indian members in the Indian community in the Russian Federation.
Every year around 3000-4000 head to various cities and medical colleges of the country to fulfil their dream to become globally competent doctors and medical practitioners.
Russia and India have had a cordial political and economic relationship for over a decade. Bilateral ties with Russia are key pillars of India’s foreign policy.
Both countries have collaborated in many aspects such as political and military, commercial relations, science, and technology cooperation, and cultural cooperation.
Hence, the result of which is Russia became the first choice of many Indian medical aspirants in the last ten years who wish to learn and compete at a global level.
MBBS in Russia for Indian Students Eligibility
- The students must be 17 years of age or above as of 31st December of the admission year.
- The students must have passed 10+2 grade with a minimum of 50% in physics, chemistry, and biology from a recognized board of education.
- The students must have a NEET scorecard with qualifying marks.
- The students don’t have to qualify for language tests such as IELTS/TOEFL.
Admission Process of MBBS in Russia
- The students must apply through the online portal of the university.
- Fill out the necessary details and submit the documents as required.
- Pay the registration fees and keep a copy of receipts for future use.
- Once you receive the confirmation/invitation letter from the university, you can apply for a student visa.
- Receive your student visa in time and you’re good to go.
Documents for MBBS in Russia
- Properly filled Admission form and a photocopy
- Scanned copy of 10+2 Pass Marksheet/Certificate
- Scanned documents of 10th Marksheet/Certificate.
- Result/Marksheet of NEET scores if required
- Scanned copy of Passport (1st and last page)
- Medical report and ID proof (Aadhar card, Driving License, etc.)
MBBS in Russia Fee Structure
|Name of the university||Tuition Fees (p.a.)|
|Perm State Medical University||₹ 3,85,000/-|
|Orenburg State Medical University||₹ 5,04,000/-|
|Bashkir State Medical University||₹ 3,15,000/-|
|Tver State Medical University||₹ 4,72,500/-|
|Smolensk State Medical University||₹ 4,30,000/-|
|Kursk State Medical University||₹ 5,40,500/-|
|St. Petersburg Medical University||₹ 4,98,000/-|
|Ryazan State Medical University||₹ 3,50,000/-|
|Kazan State Medical University||₹ 5,22,800/-|
|People’s Friendship University||₹ 5,74,500/-|
Benefits of studying MBBS in Russia
- The cost of education is low compared to India and other countries that offer MBBS in Russia. The students don’t need to pay for donations or capitation fees.
- There is no need for the entrance exam to take admission to MBBS in Russia.
- The costs of living and transportation are also quite economical for international students.
- The hostel facilities include Indian mess facilities and food services for Indian students.
- The faculty of MBBS in Russia includes skilled and professional doctors and medical practitioners that provide quality education and training.
- The top medical universities are accredited by NMC, WHO, WDOMS, etc.
- The curriculum also offers students help in preparing for FMGE, USMLE/NEXT, etc.
- The medical universities include well-equipped modern technologies, advanced infrastructure, latest methods of teaching such as smart classrooms, homeroom discussions, well-stocked libraries, and laboratories.
- The medical universities that provide MBBS in Russia believe in goal-oriented learning.
- There are over 4000 Indian students in 20 colleges in Russia currently. So, the students can easily find familiar faces.
- The Russian government offers scholarships to outstanding students to reduce their financial burden and encourage them to get admitted to MBBS in Russian universities.
MBBS in Russia is an attractive option for Indian students looking to pursue a medical degree. With world-class universities, a vibrant culture, and a low cost of living, Russia is an ideal destination for Indian students seeking a quality medical education. The universities in Russia offer a comprehensive curriculum, with courses ranging from general medicine to specialized fields such as surgery, pediatrics, and obstetrics.
Moreover, the universities provide a wide range of extracurricular activities, such as sports, clubs, and cultural events, to help students make the most of their time in Russia. With its excellent academic standards and vibrant culture, Russia is an ideal destination for Indian students looking to pursue a medical degree.
Syllabus for MBBS in Russia
|1st Year||Physics, Biology, Nursing ( surgery& therapy), Anatomy, Latin, Chemistry, Public Health, History, Economics, Histology, Philosophy, Russian language, Physical Training, Culturology, Basic of Research and Mathematics.|
|2nd Year||Physiology, Biochemistry, Hygiene, Psychology, Medical law, Bioethics, Immunology, Russian language.|
|3rd Year||Pharmacology, Microbiology, Pathology, Internal medicine, Topographical anatomy, Radiology, and Operative surgery.|
|4th Year||Dermatology, Surgery, Venereology, Obstetrics, Neurology, Gynaecology, Therapy, Urology, Public Health, Medical Rehabilitation, Public Health, Pediatrics, Phthisiology, and Endocrinology.|
|5th Year||Surgical Gynaecology, Psychiatry, ENT, Traumatology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Physiotherapy, Outpatient Therapy, Gene therapy, and Infectious diseases.|
|6th Year||Oncology, Occupational diseases, radiation therapy, Anesthesiology, Intensive care training, Clinical Immunology, Dentistry, General Medical Practice, Neurosurgery, Forensic Medicine, and Epidemiology.|
Pros and cons of studying MBBS in Russia for Indian Students
|WHO (World Health Organisation) has recognized Russia as the top destination for Medical aspirants.||Culture and language are a hurdle for Indian students. It will be challenging to adjust to the new culture along with studying such a demanding course.|
|The medium of teaching is English and Russian is taught as part of the curriculum.||As most students travel for the first time, it is difficult to navigate through the cities of Russia.|
|The focus is on practical knowledge and practice and thus provides a better quality of education.||Indian students may have to adjust to different food habits as Russia is a majorly non-vegetarian country.|
|The cost of living and studying is comparatively lower than in most sought-after study-abroad countries.||Russia’s climatic conditions are different which may result in health issues for students in the initial years.|
|Financial aid and scholarships are accessible to International students.||If the students wish to practice in their home country after studying in Russia, they’ve to take the FMGE/NEXT exam.|
MBBS IN RUSSIA VS MBBS IN INDIA
|Point of Comparison||Russia||India|
|Duration of course||6 years||5.5 years|
|Medium of teaching||Mainly English, Russian is taught as part of the curriculum.||English only|
|Tuition fees||₹ 15,00,000 to ₹ 50,00,000/-||Government colleges are ₹ 11,000/- to ₹ 7,50,000/- and private colleges are ₹ 25,00,000 to ₹ 1 crore.|
|PG courses||Can pursue PG courses of your own choice||Students can opt for MD/MS/Diploma after MBBS|
|NEET scores||Not mandatory for all Universities||Mandatory for admission in MBBS|
|Accommodation||Special provisions for accommodation for Indian students.||Fixed number of seats and accommodation.|
Write your comment