Study MBBS in Italy
MBBS in Italy has a remarkable reputation for providing higher medical education due to high education standards with advanced and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Italy has one of the best medical universities recognized by the world’s major organizations which include WHO, NMC & UNESCO.
While studying medicine in Italy, you will not only get the opportunity to learn at leading academic institutions but also get a chance to experience a vibrant Italian lifestyle. The number of students opting for MBBS in Italy is due to world-class education in the field of medicine. It takes around 6 years to completion of the MBBS course from Italy.
- Italy is a country located in Southwestern Europe, on the Apennine Peninsula.
- The country is surrounded by Islands stretching southwards to the coasts of North Africa.
- Italy has an old natural beauty with tourist attractions places like the Colosseum, Lake Como, Canals of Venice, Pompeii, etc.
- Rome is the capital of Italy and is one of the oldest cities in the country offering great monuments, industrial & fashion centers, literature, music & arts, etc.
- There are around 1500 lakes in Italy.
- The lakes such as Bolsena and Albano occupy the craters of extinct volcanoes.
- The climate of Italy varies as per the city.
- In the regions north & south, the climate is -2 degrees celsius on winter days, 8-degree Celsius in Rome & 20 degrees Celsius in Palermo.
MBBS in Italy: Quick Highlights 2022
Below is a quick overview of studying MBBS in Italy:
|Month of Admission
||August - September
|Minimum Qualifying % Criteria
||50% in 12th
||17 to 25 years
|Language of Teaching
||Seasonal and Mediterranean climate
||75% Catholic Church
3% of others
Why Study MBBS in Italy?
Studying medicine in Italy is worth and not too expensive:
- No donation fees.
- A wide range of opportunities and clinical exposure is provided in multispecialty hospitals.
- Affordable fee structure.
- MBBS in Italy is approved by elite bodies like WHO and NMC.
- Students will get a chance to practice medicine in Government hospitals.
- MBBS courses in Italy are taught in the English language.
Accreditation & Recognition
Medical colleges in Italy are recognized by several governing bodies:
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
Eligibility Criteria: Applying For MBBS Course
Following are the admission prerequisites for applying for MBBS in Italy:
- The applicant’s age should be 17 years.
- Applicants must be 12th passed from the recognized institutes undertaking the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics.
- The applicant must clear the NEET entrance exam.
MBBS in Italy (2022-23): Admission Procedure
The MBBS admission process for Italian universities is simple and direct. Following are the basic steps for applying for MBBS in Italy:
Step 1: Fill out the application form on the university website.
Step 2: Submit the original documents & apply for the required course.
Step 3: Wait for the application review process.
Step 4: Get the offer letter from the respected institute & take a printout of it.
Step 5: Pay the application processing fees.
Step 6: After confirmation of admission to the MBBS course, apply for the student visa.
Step 7: Inform your date of arrival at the university.
Documents Required: Applying for MBBS in Italy
Refer to the below documents checklists for applying for the MBBS in Italy:
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- Passport Size photographs
- Copy of invitation letter
- COVID test reports
- Copy of passport
- Statement of Purpose (legalized by the governing body)
- Bank Receipt
Note: All the documents should be authorized by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
Course Duration of MBBS in Italy
The MBBS course duration in Italy is 6 years. The details about the MBBS course durations are discussed below:
- MBBS in Italy lasts for 6 years. The courses are taught in the English language.
- During the study, students are subjected to an advanced training program conducted by the Medical universities of Italy.
MBBS in Italy: Course Syllabus
Following is the MBBS syllabus for studying medicine in Italy:
||Anatomy and Histology
||Histology, Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology
||Microbiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Path Physiology
|Clinical Subjects and Clinical Posting
|4th - 6th Year
||internal Medicine, Oncology, Neurology, Psychology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, gynecology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, Cardiology
Exams Required For Studying MBBS in Italy
For admission to medical universities in Italy, students should have to pass some tests to become eligible for courses:
- The test may be the GMAT, GRE, SAT, or English language proficiency test like TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
Documents Required: Applying for Student Visa
Refer to the below documents required for applying for a student visa to Italy:
- Copy of Xth, XIIth mark sheets ( Attested by the legalized body)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency Test (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Statement of Purpose
- Application fees
- Passport-size photographs
- Copy of invitation letter
Italy has a standard educational system equivalent to US education:
- Italian Medical colleges are renowned colleges in the world.
- Medical universities in Italy enhance the self-thinking and practical abilities of students.
- Pre-education examinations are held to get better results than medical examinations.
- The academic year consists of two semesters, the first semesters start in September/October & the second semester starts in February and ends in July.
- Every academic semester spends 20 weeks for the MBBS course with a 6 weeks examination period.
Cost of Living
Following is the cost of living in Italy:
||Cost in INR
||Cost in USD
||60,000 - 70,000
||857 - 1000
||10,000 - 20,000
||142 - 285
||28 - 42
Note: 1$ = Rs. 70 (for calculation purposes)
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.