Management courses provide students with a broad foundation in many sectors & services relating to Business, Finance, Economics, and Marketing. Management degrees are a very popular course among Students because they offer a very practical focus, with opportunities to complete work placements and professional projects included as part of the program. At the undergraduate level, management degrees may be offered either as a Bachelor of Arts(B.A) & Bachelor of Science(BSC), depending on the institution to which you take admission. The course duration is 3 years, Also some institutions offer the opportunity to spend an additional year completing a work placement or spending time studying abroad. Management degrees are offered in university departments known as “Business schools”or by dedicated “Schools of Management”.
In the Management courses, students learn lectures, seminars, and classes, with students expected to deliver presentations, prepare reports, write essays, complete problem sets, and take part in group discussions for self-confidence. The assessment generally takes the form of an essay, dissertation, assignment, group project, examination, or a combination of all these elements.
Students will start with basic courses in their first year covering topics such as introduction to accounting, computing, management, action research, applications in management, business economics, business environment analysis, business management, law management, statistics, financial mathematics, business functions management, science management, marketing theory and practice, organization studies & research in management and management thinking. Students will then be able to choose from a series of extra-specialized management topics, in order to focus more on the aspects of management that interest them most.
Eligibility Criteria for Management
The minimum eligibility criteria that candidates must fulfill to be eligible for BBM/BBA courses are:
- Students must have completed their 12th Exam from any stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized College.
- English is a compulsory subject in the 12th class.
- Students coming from any background may pursue Management studies, but those with Commerce backgrounds will receive some relaxation in the cut-off marks of 45% for admission to Management courses.
- Aspirants must clear the Entrance Exam organized by a particular Institute.
Entrance Exams for Pursuing Management Course
Students can study Management at the Bachelor’s level either through a (Bachelor of Business Administration(BBA) or Bachelor of Business Management(BBM) degree. BBM course provides expertise in several fields like Finance, Operations, Human resources(HR), and Marketing. BBA course rather than providing specializations acquaints candidates with the several steps of supervising and managing business operations.
Students need to clear Entrance Exams to take Admission to BBA & BBM, although some colleges take direct admission too.
Below are some Entrance exams for these courses:
- Symbiosis Entrance Test.
- All India Management Association Undergraduate Aptitude Test.
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies.
- Common Admission Test (CAT).
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT).
Scope of Management in India and Abroad
Management is one of the most popular courses among students in India, and this is with good reason. The largest, different, variations and constantly increasing businesses in several economic sectors call for highly driven, innovative, and talented professionals preferably with a degree in Management. These experts, experienced professionals play the most important roles in firms and individual companies, at many different hierarchical levels. On top of that, the ever-increasing, intense competition in the business world further adds to the demand for ingenious management executives and experts & professionals in different economic sectors, not only in India but also abroad.
Hotel Management Courses: Hotel Management is a very popular course among Indian students in recent years because it offers very good opportunities in big & reputed Hotels in India & all over the world. Basically, Hospitality Management and Tourism is the study of the hospitality industry. A degree in this subject may be awarded either by a university or college dedicated to the studies of hospitality management or a business school with a relevant department.
Certificate Management Courses: Certificate management programs are provided by several Universities, Government Institutes, and standalone training centers also. Several Management streams are Finance, Human Resources (HR), Marketing, Information Technology(IT), International Business, Operations, and Supply Chain Management, etc
Diploma Management Courses: Diploma courses are offered in several sectors like Banking and Finance, Supply Chain Management, Operation Management, Marketing Management, Retail Management, Event Management, etc. These are part-time career-oriented courses that save both time and money for the students.
Bachelor Management Courses: Students pursue Full-time Management Courses like MBA, BBA, BHA, BHM, and BMS after completing their 12th and the duration of these courses is 3 years. Also, Some Management colleges provided integrated UG-PG courses like BBA+MBA and BBA+PGDITM.
Doctorate Management Courses: Several Universities in India & Abroad offer Ph.D. or Doctorate degrees to students looking for research and teaching opportunities. Common specializations include Accounting, Marketing, Finance, and Human Resource(HR) Management.
Management Course Subjects
- Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Cost Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Banking and Insurance
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Research Methodology
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Human Resource Management
- Business Law
- Management Accounting
- International Business and EXM
- Marketing Management
- Statistics for Management
- Risk Management
- India and the World Economy
- Corporate Finance
- Indian Economic and Political History
- Managerial Communication
- Business Ethics
Best Management colleges in India
Top 10 Popular Government Management colleges in India:
- Faculty of Management Studies(FMS) University of Delhi.
- Department of Management Sciences Savitribai Phule University(PUMBA) Pune.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies(JBIMS), Mumbai.
- Indian Institute of Management(IIM) Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management(IIM) Ahmedabad.
- Christ University, Bangalore.
- Institute of Management Studies Banaras Hindu University (FMS BHU) Varanasi.
- Indian Institute of Management(IIM) Lucknow.
- Bharati Vidyapeeth's Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development (IMED) Pune.
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management (IISWBM) Kolkata.
Top 10 Popular Private Management colleges in India:
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, School of Business, Dehradun.
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai.
- School of Management Dr. DY Patil University, (DYPUSM), Mumbai.
- Vellore Institute of Technology VIT Business School, (VITBS), Chennai.
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, (KJSIM) Mumbai.
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, (SCMHRD), Pune.
- Doon Business School (DBS), Dehradun.
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB), Pune.
- Presidency University, Bangalore.
Management Courses offered you a big foundation of business disciplines, such as Finance, Economics, and Marketing. You will also have in-depth knowledge & understanding of different management principles & laws and their relationships with different industries.
MBA, BBA, BHM, and PGDM are some popular management courses. They are available with several expertises and specializations like Hotel Management, Aviation Management, Hospital Management, etc. After the completion of Management Courses, students get jobs in various fields such asBusiness Development Managers, Financial Managers, Marketing Managers, Event Managers, Production Managers, Employee relations managers, Human resources directors, Accountants, Marketing consultants, etc. After pursuing a Management course you can get very handsome salary packages from different firms & companies. The average salary for these special roles ranges from INR 6 lakhs to INR 10 lakhs per annum in India. Also, Management courses are very good options for those students who want to work in other countries, like Hotel Management is one of the most popular courses among students because most of the big Hotels from Abroad offer very High packages to the students.
Overall Management courses are a very good option for students, they offered good jobs & a bright future, explore many foreign countries, good salaries, and very good future opportunities according to their expertise, experienced & skills.