In the past years, there has been a huge inclination of students to study MBBS abroad. MBBS in Uzbekistan is one of the worthy decisions for Indian students to study medicine abroad. Studying in medical universities of Uzbekistan provides a higher caliber of education, treating territorial pathology, learning diagnostics, handling patients, practicing in healthcare, and many more.
Every year several Indian students come to Uzbekistan for MBBS study. Between the period 1992 and 2018, the Government in Uzbekistan has spent a lot of effort in providing quality training to medical students.
- Uzbekistan is a country in Central Asia that lies mainly between two rivers Amu Darya to the southwest and the Syr Darya to the Northeast. The country is bordered by Kazakhstan to the northwest, Tajikistan to the east, Afghanistan to the south, and Kyrgyzstan to the north. Tashkent is the capital city of Uzbekistan.
- Uzbekistan has a continental climate with hot summers and cool winters. The average temperature in summer is around 40°C & winter temperature is around -2°C. It may fall up to -40°C.
- On August 31, 1991, Uzbekistan celebrated its independence on an account of freedom from the Soviet Union. Turkic is the native language of the country written in the Latin alphabet and spoken by approximately 85% of the population.
Why Study in Uzbekistan
These are the benefits of studying for your medical degree in Uzbekistan:
- 5-year Medical Program.
- The primary language taught is English.
- Low tuition fees.
- Follows the international standard.
- Approved by WHO, FAIMER & NMC.
- Global Exposure.
MBBS in Uzbekistan- Quick Highlights
Make sure you keep the following information in mind for taking admission to MBBS to Uzbekistan’s medical colleges:
Intake for MBBS Course
Percentage required 10+2
Annual Tuition Fees (approx)
INR 2.30 lakhs/year
Duration of MBBS Course
5 Year + internship
Medium of Instruction
NMC & WHO
International Recognition of Universities in Uzbekistan
The list of global medical councils that have recognized the MBBS degrees in Uzbekistan:
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
Eligibility Criteria for Getting MBBS Admission in Uzbekistan
Students have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria to get admission for the MBBS course in Uzbekistan:
- Students must complete the 10+2 examination with a percentage of 50% for General category students.
- The age of the candidate should be 17 years as of 31St December of the year of the admission process.
- Subjects should be Physics, Chemistry & Biology and also must have English as a compulsory subject during study.
- Students must have cleared the NEET examinations.
Documents Required to Study in Uzbekistan
Students need to keep all the following documents ready before taking admission for an MBBS degree in Uzbekistan:
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Mark sheets
- Copy of invitation letter
- Birth certificate
- Medical certificate
- 8 Passport size photographs
- Covid 19 Certificate
Complete Duration of Medical Course in Uzbekistan
The MBBS course duration in Uzbekistan is 5 years. The details about the MBBS course durations are discussed below:
- MBBS in Uzbekistan lasts for 5 years. There is 1 year of the internship program which is compulsory for each medical student.
- The courses are taught in the English language.
- During the study, students are subjected to an advanced training program conducted by the university.
Admission Process for MBBS in Uzbekistan
- Step 1: Initially, fill out the application form on Our Website.
- Step 2: Besides, submit the soft copies of your passport and other vital documents.
- Step 3: Thirdly, collect the admission letter within 7 working days.
- Step 4: For Conforming the admission pay the 1st-year fee.
- Step 5: After the confirmation of admission, the immigration procedure shall start.
- Step 6: Once completed all the procedures and received a student visa, you are all set to fly for your MBBS course.
The Medium of Teaching While Studying MBBS in Uzbekistan
- The medical universities in Uzbekistan that offer MBBS training programs conduct the whole course of medicine in English.
Education System in Uzbekistan
The education system for the MBBS course in Uzbekistan is described below:
- Uzbekistan is a country with only public institutions. There are no private institutions.
- Students admitted to the university must complete the secondary form of education. During the study, government assistance is provided in the form of stipends and training.
- Thousands of students apply for limited seats for studying MBBS in Uzbekistan.
- NEET is the mandatory examination required for enrolling in the MBBS course. All the entrance tests are taking place simultaneously on August 1st throughout the Republic.
- Admissions to medical institutions in Uzbekistan are completely on a merit basis. No donations will be charged to foreign students.
Are there any Hostel Facilities provided by Uzbekistan Medical Universities?
- There are accommodation facilities for foreign students in Uzbekistan Medical Universities
- Students are provided with 2-3 beds in a sharing room.
- All the necessary facilities like beds, blankets, bed sheets, pillows, tables, and cupboards are provided by university hostels.
- A common kitchen and washing machine rooms are there for students. Students can cook Indian food there.
- There are messes available that provide Indian foods too.
- Indian restaurants are within walking distance from some universities where students can have their cuisine.
- Apart from this, there are native cuisines and all other countries’ dishes are available to experience the cultural variety of food.
Indian Food Availability in Uzbekistan
- Indian students will get completely different varieties of healthy and hygienic Indian food from any medical university’s canteens like Gujarati, Punjabi, South Indian & many more.
- If Indian students want to eat Indian food in Uzbekistan outside the university canteens, they can get Indian food very easily by exploring the beautiful country.
Vacations During MBBS in Uzbekistan
There are two long holidays in Uzbekistan:
Uzbekistan medical universities follow semester patterns for teaching. So there are two long holidays between semesters in a year.
- The first vacation is summer vacation which is for 2 months, July and August. The next semester will start on September 1st.
- The second vacation is a winter vacation that lasts for around a month. From 15th January to the first week of February.
Note: Students can plan their vacation or visit home in these two periods of time of the year.
Is MBBS in UzbekistanValid in India?
This is the most important and common concern among all the students and parents:
- Yes, the MBBS degree completed from an NMC-approved the medical university in Uzbekistan is valid in India.
- Students should know the details about the medical university in which they are studying if it is approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC) then it is valid in India.
Hostel & Accommodation Facilities During MBBS in Uzbekistan
During the MBBS course in the medical universities of Uzbekistan, students get wonderful accommodation facilities:
- There are hostels for foreign students in every university.
- The hostels are provided with all the important facilities and amenities. There are shared rooms.
- Few universities even provide air-conditioned rooms.
- All the rooms are provided with beds, bed sheets, blankets, pillows, tables, and chairs.
- There are common kitchen rooms for cooking Indian food. The students are provided with washing machines and an Indian mess.
- The hostel fees for university accommodations vary but it is affordable.
Indian Food Availability in Uzbekistan
- Indian students will get complete different varieties of healthy and hygienic Indian food from any medical university’s canteens like Gujarati, Punjabi, South Indian & many more.
- If Indian students want to eat Indian food in Uzbekistanoutside the university canteens, they can get Indian food very easily by exploring the beautiful country.
PG Options after MBBS in Uzbekistan
Students can choose from several PG options after completing MBBS from Ukrainian universities:
- Since the MBBS degree from recognized universities in Uzbekistan has worldwide recognition, students can opt for options like doing PG or starting a career right away as a surgeon or anything else.
- Doing PG after MBBS from Uzbekistan is one of the options that students can choose. Students can choose to do PG anywhere just like they choose to do MBBS abroad.
- They can choose to do PG in India, the USA, Uzbekistan, or any other country. To pursue PG in any country, students have to clear the respective entrance exam/screening test of that country/university. So there are many options to do PG after completing MBBS in Uzbekistan.
Vacation During MBBS in Uzbekistan
There are 2 vacations during the MBBS course in Uzbekistan:
- While studying your MBBS course in Ukrainian medical universities, students get vacations 2 times a year.
- Summer vacations are for 2 months. It lasts for July and August months.
- Winter vacations are for 2 weeks. It starts at the end of January month to the first week of February.
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.
MBBS in Uzbekistan- Is it Safe for Indian Students?
Uzbekistan is one of the safest countries for Indian students:
- According to the UL safety index, Uzbekistan holds the 106th rank in the safety index.
- It is a safe country for Indian students.
- There has been no harm to any Indian student and the campus environment is a friendly one.
- There are a lot of students coming from several countries.
The Medical Education System in Uzbekistan
The education system for MBBS courses in Uzbekistan follows the credit pattern:
- The course years of an MBBS degree are divided into semester patterns.
- There are 2 semesters every year.
- The 5 years are of lectures and practicals including independent work hours, while the 6th year consists of the internship.
- The clinical work starts in the third year of the MBBS degree.
What are the Career Opportunities after Completing MBBS Degree from Uzbekistan?
After completing an MBBS degree from Uzbekistan NMC approved top MBBS universities students have vast career options:
- The demand for MBBS is increasing day by day as diseases are increasing worldwide. Also, it is not going to end up in the nearer future. Therefore, students have a bright and successful career after MBBS in Uzbekistan.
- All the international bodies including the European council, WHO, and UNESCO are the government bodies whose accreditation has been given to the MBBS in Uzbekistan. Thus, an MBBS degree in Uzbekistan is recognized worldwide. Students who have taken their medical degree from Uzbekistan can practice in any country, but for that, they should give NMC Screening Test.
- Uzbekistan universities pay significant attention to different qualities that a doctor should have and which will also help students to develop better career prospects and success.