About University of Georgia, Tbilisi
- Founded in 2004, The University of Georgia was first named "Georgian University of Social Sciences”. It is one of the largest private universities in Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Their Medical Programmes are recognized worldwide. under the supervision of qualified mentors, Practical training is provided by the best multipurpose clinics in the Health system. The University is also a member of the Bologna Process as well as is recognized in Europe and the USA.
- The University of Georgia is a substantial college, which owns the 4th position on the countrywide level. Currently, more than 6000 local and international students are pursuing the University of Georgia. It gives distinctive quality training and ambitions to increase extraordinary skills for the future. With superior educational services, the college enriches its student’s skills. The college gives a group of outstanding faculties, who guide the scholars during their academic tenure.
- University is aiming at supporting the Higher Education Reform and developing the cooperation between the partner countries of the European Union.
University of Georgia - Quick Overview 2022
Refer to the course highlights of the University of Georgia for MBBS study in tabular form:
||Spring and fall
||50% in PCB
||Yes, it is compulsory
|MBBS Course Duration
|Medium of Education
||English and Georgian
||Country Rank - 4
World Rank - 4630
||ENIC-NARIC, NMC, ECFMG & many more
Why Study MBBS at the University of Georgia?
The students across the globe seeking to pursue their careers at the University of Georgia must go through the below-mentioned points:
- Simulation Hospital is one of the exceptional multi-profile simulation laboratories in Georgia.
- Cooperates with the European and US main universities and gives trade programs of numerous European Universities to the students for one semester or a year.
- The University has trade programs inside individual cooperation, Erasmus Mundus and Erasmus+.
- The University of Georgia carries out numerous types of International scientific research projects together with the Tempus program funded by the European Union
- It is one of the leading providers of Medical Education in Georgia for Graduates and Undergraduates
- Top-notch education centers for students.
- Safe and attractive surroundings for all.
- No capitation fee & tuition costs are low.
- Infrastructure is modern and pretty advanced.
- No specific entrance examinations for pursuing MBBS admission.
- A safe and nonviolent ecosystem is good for studies.
- Cooperative and certified schools to assist.
- Instruction in English for worldwide scientific candidates.
- Good and fairly priced lodging facility available.
Accreditation and Recognition of University of Georgia
The university is affiliated, acknowledged, and accredited by many authorities mentioned below:
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
The University of Georgia - MBBS Fee Structure
The fee structure of the University of Georgia is low as compared to other institutions mentioned below:
||Year - 1
||Year - 2
||Year - 3
||Year - 4
||Year - 5
||Year - 6
|Hostel & Food
|Total Fees in USD
Eligibility Criteria at the University of Georgia
The students must fit the criteria given below for taking medical education at the University of Georgia:
- The year in which the admission is being taken, the student must be 17 years plus as of 31st December of that particular year.
- The students must have completed class 12th from a recognized university or board and they must have qualified for the NEET exam.
- Some universities have made it compulsory criteria that students must have cleared IELTS/TOEFL with a good score.
- The universities which do not look for IELTS or TOEFL scores, arrange personal interviews for students.
- For students from the General category, 50% of aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are compulsory and they must also have English as a compulsory subject the at 12th level of their education. Students from SC/ST/OBC category must have 40% aggregate marks.
How to take Admission to the University of Georgia?
The students who seek to get MBBS admission need to follow the mentioned below steps:
- Step 1: Choose a medical university you want to take admission to.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form on Our Website.
- Step 3: Attach all the important documents required and submit them.
- Step 4: After reviewing your documents, the university will send you the admission/invitation letter.
- Step 5: Once the students receive invitation letters from universities, they need to pay the first-year tuition fee to confirm their admission.
- Step 6: Apply for a student visa with the invitation letter and payment receipt. Once completed all the procedures and received a student visa, you are all set to fly for your MBBS course.
Documents Required at the University of Georgia
Students must bring the original documents during the admission process:
- Copy of passport
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- NEET report card
- Passport size photographs
University of Georgia - MBBS Duration
Mentioned below is the duration of the MBBS course offered by the University of Georgia:
- The University of Georgia offers 6 years of MBBS education in English and Georgian medium of instruction to the students.
- During the 5 years of the MBBS course, the students acquire huge knowledge from the best faculty members of the University and provide theoretical and practical skills in general medicine.
- 1 year of internship after the MBBS course is compulsory for students.
University of Georgia - Country & World Ranking 2022
Before applying for this university you should check your ranking:
Medium of Teaching at University of Georgia
English & Georgian is the commonly taught language at the University of Georgia:
- English is the most commonly taught language at the University of Georgia.
- The faculty also teaches the Georgian language so that foreign students can treat the local patients.
University of Georgia - Academic Dates 2022-23
The University of Georgia has a limited number of seats for international students to pursue a course in medicine in Georgia. Usually, there is no deadline for admission but there are two intakes in every academic year, which are as follows :
||January and End May
||September and End December
Hostel and Accommodation Facility
The University of Georgia provides fewer cost hostels for students:
- The University of Georgia welcomes college students from everywhere in the world bringing exclusive cultures and customs.
- The college offers them entire security, a well-geared-up hostel with an excellent atmosphere.
- The college offers splendid treatment for their global college students by offering them all of the necessities and everyday needs throughout the entire period of their stay at the University.
- The University of Georgia primarily focuses on the social and private well-being of enrolled college students.
- Indian meals availability is an introduced advantage for students
- No Male are allowed in the Girl's Hostel.
- No Female is allowed in Boy's Hostel.
- Three-Time Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian Meals.
Monthly Cost of Living in Tbilisi
You can get an idea of how your monthly expenses can be while living in Tbilisi:
||In USD (approx. range)
||In Rupees (approx. range)
Note: 1$ = 78 Rs (It may vary)
Indian Food Availability at the University of Georgia
- Indian students will get completely different varieties of healthy and hygienic Indian food from any medical university’s canteens like Gujarati, Punjabi, South Indian & many more.
- If Indian students want to eat Indian food in Georgia outside the university canteens, they can get Indian food very easily by exploring the beautiful country.
Vacations During MBBS at the University of Georgia
There are two long holidays at the University of Georgia:
The University of Georgia follows semester patterns for teaching. So there are two long holidays between semesters in a year.
- The first vacation is summer vacation which is for 2 months, July and August. The next semester will start on September 1st.
- The second vacation is a winter vacation that lasts for around a month. From 15th January to the first week of February.
Note: Students can plan their vacation or visit home in these two periods of time of the year.
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.
PG Options after Completing MBBS from University of Georgia
Following are the PG options after MBBS course completion from the University of Georgia:
- Students can opt for a variety of options to pursue their PG courses after completing MBBS from Georgia medical universities.
- They can choose to do PG in Georgia followed by their MBBS.
- Another option for PG is in India. Students need to clear the NMC screening test and then they can choose from the Indian medical colleges for PG.
- If any student still wants to pursue the PG course abroad, then there are options too. They need to clear the respective screening tests of the countries they want.