About Yerevan State Medical University, Armenia
- In 1920, Yerevan State Medical University was established. Yerevan State Medical University is one of the tops and the best medical institutes in Armenia.
- As it is the oldest university in Armenia, almost a hundred years old, it has trained thousands of doctors. Yerevan State Medical University has highly qualified and experienced teachers.
- Thus, students can fulfill their dream of studying MBBS at the Yerevan State Medical University.
About Yerevan City
Interesting facts about the Yerevan city are as follows:-
- Yerevan city is the capital city of Armenia.
- Yerevan is the industrial, cultural, and administrative center of Armenia.
- Yerevan offers a healthy and comfortable life to students.
- Being the capital city of Armenia, Yerevan has all the facilities such as shopping malls, cafes, transport, and other recreational activities easily accessible for the students.
- This city is one of the world’s oldest continuously inhabited cities.
- This is also the largest city in Armenia.
- There are several patients in the hospitals for students to practice their medical skills, as the city has a large population.
- Yerevan houses the Indian Embassy.
- The people of Yerevan are helpful to the new entrants into the city.
- There is good availability of connecting flights from Yerevan to countries world over and it is very good and people are always satisfied with their services.
- Yerevan city has a moderate temperature throughout the year, making all-season materials easily available.
Yerevan State Medical University - Quick Highlights 2022
Given below is the table for quick highlights about Yerevan State Medical University:
|Intake for MBBS Course
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission
||45 - 60 days
||50% in PCB for General
40% for the Reserved category
||Yes, it is compulsory
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx.)
||Rs. 4.62 Lacs / Year
||Country - 7
World - 6879
||5 years + 1 year of internship
|Medium of Education
Why Study MBBS at Yerevan State Medical University?
Below are some of the benefits of studying MBBS at Yerevan State Medical University:
- Students are not required to pay any donation or capitation fee for their MBBS admission to the Armenian medical universities. They only need to pay the MBBS fees in Armenia online or by other modes of payment to secure their seat.
- Living cost in Armenia is affordable and the tuition fees are also less.
- Students are not required to appear for any kind of entrance test
- One more added advantage for all Indian students is that the top medical universities in Armenia are recognized and approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC).
- There is no English language exam like IELTS or TOEFL required.
- There are Indian mess and Indian restaurants available in Yerevan, so the students never face any problems related to food.
- The quality of education in Armenia is as good as in countries like the UK, the USA, and India, and that too at a lower price.
- The language of education in medical colleges in Armenia is English.
Accreditation and Recognition of Yerevan State Medical University
The MBBS, MD, and BDS degrees of Yerevan State Medical University is recognized by:
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research - IMED (FAIMER)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test (PLAB)
- Ministry of Education, India
Yerevan State Medical University - MBBS Fee Structure 2022
The fee structure for Yerevan State Medical University for MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Tuition Fee (approx.)
|Medical + Insurance + Registration Feem (approx.)
|Total (USD) (approx.)
|Fees in Indian Rupees (approx.)
- $1 = Rs.70
- Application, visa, flight tickets, food charges, one-time charges, etc. will be extra up to Rs.80,000/- to Rs.1,00,000/- (or more approximately).
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and may change as per the change in currency.
Eligibility Criteria at Yerevan State Medical University
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Yerevan State Medical University are as follows:
- Students must have more than 60% marks in the 12th standard.
- Students must have qualified for the NEET-UG examination.
- The age of a student or applicant must be more than 17 years and less than 25 years.
- A student must have chemistry, physics, and Biology as the main subject in 12th standard.
Admission Process at Yerevan State Medical University
Following is the admission process for applying to the MBBS course at Yerevan State Medical University:
- Step 1: Choose a medical university you want to take admission to.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form on Our Website.
- Step 3: Attach all the important documents required and submit them.
- Step 4: After reviewing your documents, the university will send you the admission/invitation letter.
- Step 5: Once the students receive invitation letters from universities, they need to pay the first-year tuition fee to confirm their admission.
- Step 6: Apply for a student visa with the invitation letter and payment receipt. Once completed all the procedures and received a student visa, you are all set to fly for your MBBS course.
Required Documents at Yerevan State Medical University
The following documents are required at the time of admission to Yerevan State Medical University:
- Copy of passport
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- NEET report card
- Passport size photographs
Yerevan State Medical University - MBBS Duration
The duration of the MBBS course at Yerevan State Medical University is mentioned below:
- The duration of the MBBS course at Yerevan State Medical University is 6 years, out of which 1 year is an internship.
- The medium of instruction is English for studying MBBS at this university.
Yerevan State Medical University - MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS at Yerevan State Medical University is as follows:
||Anatomy & Histology
|Physiology cell biology
|Micro-Biology and Path physiology
||Pharmacology, genetics, and principles of clinical medicine
4th - 6th Year
||Primary Care medicine
|Neurology and Psychiatry
||Obstetrics and Gynecology
|Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Oncology, General Surgery, Neurology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal medicine, Primary Care Medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry, Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology
Yerevan State Medical University - Ranking 2022
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country and world ranking for Yerevan State Medical University:
Yerevan State Medical University: FMGE Performance 2021
Find the passing percent and appearing students in the year 2021 for Yerevan State Medical University is here in the table below:
|Name of University
|Yerevan State Medical University
Hostel & Accommodation at Yerevan State Medical University
Below given are the hostel facilities at Yerevan State Medical University:
- Yerevan State Medical University’s hostel is only 10 or 15 minutes away from the main campus, where the classes take place.
- The hostel is open for all and it welcomes all students from all different faculties.
- Facilities such as reading rooms, laundry rooms, communal kitchens, television, beds, computer clusters, and internet are available to the students of Yerevan State Medical University.
- Students can get 3 bedded shared rooms or high-end fine cubicles.
- Rooms for students are well equipped and they are such that students will get timeless convenience and comfort for sure.
Cost of Living in Yerevan
The cost of living in Yerevan city is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)
||Ranges between Rs.30 - Rs.500
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)
||Rs.1800 - Rs.2000
|One-way ticket of any local transport
|A monthly pass for local transport
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment
||cost between Rs.14,000 - Rs.25,000
Note: 1$ = 70 Rs.
Indian Food Availability in Yerevan State Medical University
- Indian students will get completely different varieties of healthy and hygienic Indian food from any medical university’s canteens like Gujarati, Punjabi, South Indian & many more.
- If Indian students want to eat Indian food in Armenia outside the university canteens, they can get Indian food very easily by exploring the beautiful country.
Vacations During MBBS in Yerevan State Medical University
There are two long holidays at Yerevan State Medical University
Yerevan State Medical University follows semester patterns for teaching. So there are two long holidays between semesters in a year.
- The first vacation is summer vacation which is for 2 months, July and August. The next semester will start on September 1st.
- The second vacation is a winter vacation that lasts for around a month. From 15th January to the first week of February.
Note: Students can plan their vacation or visit home in these two periods of time of the year.
Education Loan Facilities for Undergraduates
- We at “Dream Medicine Educon”, being one of the most reputed overseas educational consultants, assist medical students with low-cost education and loan facilities in India.
- To study MBBS in India, we provide help and make the students aware of availing of bank loans.
- We also help the students with all the necessary data and documents which are required for availing of bank loans.
- We guide the students about living expenses and accommodation in their respective areas.
- We also help in the documentation and other admission assistance process.
PG Options after Completing MBBS from Yerevan State Medical University
Following are the PG options after MBBS course completion from Yerevan State Medical University
- Students can opt for a variety of options to pursue their PG courses after completing MBBS from Armenia medical universities.
- They can choose to do PG in Armenia followed by their MBBS.
- Another option for PG is in India. Students need to clear the NMC screening test and then they can choose from the Indian medical colleges for PG.
- If any student still wants to pursue the PG course abroad, then there are options too. They need to clear the respective screening tests of the countries they want.